Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
05-11-2009, 09:33 AM,
Re: Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
Thanks for the suggestions JRob. I went out and bought spray "liquid bandage" today.
What brand is the "blue liner" tape? So far I have only uses SuperTape and waker no shine.
I was using SuperTape but then developed the rash and thought to use Walkers.. no luck though.

Would a "white glue" work for a full perimeter bond on a lace system? If not anybody recommend a god lace glue?
I usually change out every 5 days or so.

Emery, no need for the expletives I get your point ! Suffering with burning itch today at mom's house was no fun.

fourFingers.
05-12-2009, 06:28 AM,
i suspect that the main reason this is happening to alot of you is because you are leaving the tape and or adhesive on for too long a period of time. some people say they get 3 weeks hold on tape and glue.. theres alot of bacteria thats gonna build up under that tape from scalp oil, sweat, etc.. ESP in such a long period of time.
i noticed the same thing happened to me once when i left the tape on for 2 weeks straight. i had a nice red line right under where all the tape was.
but it never happens when i keep the tape on for about 7 days and redo it.

to help heal it, like was mentioned put the liquid bandage on so that the tape or glue doesnt touch that area of skin.
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM,
thelonghairedman Wrote:i suspect that the main reason this is happening to alot of you is because you are leaving the tape and or adhesive on for too long a period of time.

For those suffering from irritation / rash rather than an allergic reaction, there's no doubt this is part of the problem.

I couldn't even imagine having something taped to my head for more than a couple days... and I normally change daily to wash up and let the skin breath as much as possible.
05-12-2009, 11:40 AM,
fourFingers Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions JRob. I went out and bought spray "liquid bandage" today.
What brand is the "blue liner" tape?

I believe there is more than one company that makes blue liner, but the best stuff I have used I think is made by walker. Whatever brand Debbie carries seems to be a little bit better.
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM,
longhairedman, I change out every 5-7 days.
Seems to be an allergic reaction to the tape.

I tried liquid bandage today but the burning/itching persists.
I think the only solution maybe be to take off daily and let breathe.

Tapehead, you said you change daily, do you have all lace or poly?

Thanks,
fourFingers
05-12-2009, 07:19 PM,
I have had this problem twice. Each time I let my head breathe as much as possible. I used Castor Oil and Hydrocotizone on the skin. For tape purposes I used the medical tape which I got from Hair Club years back and had a few packages of it just in case and it came in handy. I think Hair Direct might carry it. It is a tape that has no adhesive and last about 8-10 hours. I wouldn't wear your hair back with it or go out in heavy winds. It holds the hair down but not very strongly. Both times i have the irritation it has taken about two weeks to clean up and afterwards I changed the front every 3 days for about two months to avoid it re-occurring.
05-13-2009, 12:20 PM,
fourFingers Wrote:Tapehead, you said you change daily, do you have all lace or poly?

I have many different designs, but the best daily workhorse would be a lace piece that has skin, etc. edges so you can use tape everywhere but the front and easily peel that tape off without worrying at all about pulling hair with it.
05-13-2009, 02:00 PM,
Depp,

Thanks for the advice on or Castor Oil and Hydrocotizone and medical tape. Will give that a try.

Tapehead,
Thanks for the skin edges tip.

fourFingers
05-21-2009, 05:46 PM,
not sure guys

the worst reaction i have ever had was having a little redness after like an extended wear with out changing the tape.

i gotta say for me the supertape debbie sells is actually better than st30.
it lasts longer could easily go 8-12 days with continued active lifestyle and has alot less shine and cleans up just as easy.
01-28-2010, 10:45 AM,
How do you know if you permanently damage your skin from Walker tape. This stuff almost welds to my skin. I had it off the front for 5 days now and then saw a dermatologist who gave me some Topicort cream to put on. He said it would probably be fine but i still would like some users input. I was just wondering when its safe to tape again. I guess its getting better but I dont want a permanent "stain" on my forhead. Any input would be appreciated.