Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
05-07-2009, 04:44 AM,
Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
I dont know why I used Walker's No Shine for the past 6 months its great, in the past 2 months or so it started breaking down too early on me, maybe 3-5 days
i got sooo itchy it start scratching my scalp... and guess what i had some bloods going thru the tape it is just plain ugly

any suggestions what i should be doing?
should i be switching frontal tape now??
many thanks
05-07-2009, 08:05 PM,
Re: Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
Is it the same batch of walker tape ie still from one order, or is the tape from two different orders or two different sources?
05-08-2009, 12:57 AM,
I posted something similar about glues and tapes a while back, You can use a glue and a tape for a while without any problems then just out of the blue yiu get a reaction and there is no 100% logical explaination, One theory I came up with is is that it can occur when there is a change in the temprature ,I know for me in the summer months and when sweating I can get a little bit of a rash from some glues and tapes that when not sweating I dont get.
05-09-2009, 12:07 AM,
Could develop an Allergy to the tape… My hair dresser found Super Euro Mini Strips and it works great.
it's the euro strips with red writing on the tape
05-10-2009, 01:56 AM,
thanks for the feedback , now what should i do?

do i need to quit using walker's tape ?
btw, i think BA's comment is quite reasonable... the tape does seems to last shorter period of time during summer / hot temperature causing itcheness.
05-10-2009, 08:18 AM,
emery Wrote:do i need to quit using walker's tape ?

If you've become sensitized to the tape.... then yeah, quit using it.

And if you have inflamed, broken skin you really shouldn't be putting any tape or adhesive on that until it heals up.
05-10-2009, 01:16 PM,
I too have developed a red itchy rash lately from tape. Matter of fact it is starting to "weep" in places.
It is a tricky situation, you want the area to heal but you still have to wear the piece every day.

I have a feeling I am developing contact eczema dermatitis from the tape. How does one take care of this problem?
Does glue work? Can I glue over the eczema? Any medication to clear this up?

Not a good problem to have lately.
Sad
05-10-2009, 11:50 PM,
oh shit
that is exactly what happened to me also
a red fucked up skin on the hairline that i cannot put adhesive on
because of this, i have already taken 2 days off work... including the weekend, 4days is definitely not enough to heal it...

tmr, i m going to work only putting adhesive on side and back... a bit scary ... and i am not going to talk to anyone for sure!!
05-11-2009, 02:25 AM,
Haven't really put too much thought into this, but the Walker tape does seem to give me a little itch after a couple of days. I have similar issues with some of the other tapes. It seems like some of them don't "breathe" as well as others. Really, only good ole' blue liner is about the only one that doesn't bother me at all.

Overall glues seem to work a lot better as far as this goes.

Another suggestion- use a liquid bandage in areas where you get irritation. I have had scalp irritation and had to re-attach immediately (and thus had no time to let my scalp rest) and used liquid bandage before I re-applied the unit with excellent results.
05-11-2009, 09:33 AM,
Thanks for the suggestions JRob. I went out and bought spray "liquid bandage" today.
What brand is the "blue liner" tape? So far I have only uses SuperTape and waker no shine.
I was using SuperTape but then developed the rash and thought to use Walkers.. no luck though.

Would a "white glue" work for a full perimeter bond on a lace system? If not anybody recommend a god lace glue?
I usually change out every 5 days or so.

Emery, no need for the expletives I get your point ! Suffering with burning itch today at mom's house was no fun.

fourFingers.