Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short pics
07-02-2009, 04:05 AM,
Re: Short pics
FredTJ Wrote:Any chance you can post up a couple of those photos showing where the edge of the lace actually is, specifically on the side and back. I'm trying to figure out if you've left a little bit of your own hair longer in those two areas or if you've buzzed all of you own hair short and the "longer" hair is all on the unit itself.

Thanks,
Fred
Damn Stealth, I just did an attachment 5 mins ago. I could have snapped some good photos. I am drying so in a little while I will add some gel and yank up the hair at the back and sides and take a few photos.
07-02-2009, 04:52 PM,
Stealth,

The longer hair is on the unit itself although my sides are a tad bit longer on top near the shaved part. I brusheds the piece hair straight up to the sky. I don't wear it out like this, by the way.

Hopefully you can see that I've spiked the piece hair away or up from my real side hair.

[Image: 2q36fqv.jpg]

I did the same on the back:

[Image: 2912sz4.jpg]

Here is the front spiked as well:

[Image: fdhqis.jpg]
07-02-2009, 06:33 PM,
A fantastic look Reubin, and no one in their wildest dreams would think a hairpiece-wearer would opt for a cutting edge style like that.

One question though: is the perimeter of the base detectible to the touch in a style like this? It is one thing to conceal the edge of the piece in the normal horseshoe fringe that most wearers have, but another thing where your fringe of real hair is almost shaven to the scalp. Is that an issue for you?

Am I imagining it, or can I see the edge of your piece in the second photo?
07-03-2009, 01:53 AM,
Thanks Baldrich. You can actually see lace in the second photo. I brushed everything up to the sky. I don't wear it that way and there is some lace overhang.

To answer your other question, it's not really that detectable to the touch - the same as any lace piece. Someone feeling around or normal in the sack, not a problem. But if they are looking and use fingers back and forth of the edge they will know something is up. Anyone that intimate with me will know I wear because I reveal that after the first sexual encounter. I feign suprise, "You didn't know?!" - other than that there is no reason for anyone to touch my head.

My fringe near the shaved scalp is a bit longer than the lower sides.

I don't wear it spiked up like this although (see original photos except for 5) sometimes I do (photo 5) but never in the back as you pointed out. This was just to show Fred.
07-03-2009, 01:53 AM,
Here is an un marked photo:

[Image: 2wrnec5.jpg]
07-03-2009, 02:00 AM,
Here is a marked photo

1.) White arrow points to a dark line that exists between parentheses. This line is my natural hair at the edge - the line exists because when I applied the glue I went too close to my hair and the edge hairs got wet with glue, stuck to my scalp and formed a ""line" that goes in the direction of my application with the makeup wedge.

2.) You can see the edge as outlined in 1.) the circled cluster is my real hair and is a bit longer than the buzzed lower sides. It helps mask the edge and is capable of weaving in with the piece hair if need be. Debbie recommended this in Chicago or Vegas I think. All the way around my real hair is a tad bit longer near the top. It is not that easy to see but trust me that's the way it is.

Refer to the previous photo to see without the markings

[Image: 2lviv5e.jpg]
07-03-2009, 05:07 AM,
Looks terrific Ruebin!
07-03-2009, 10:40 AM,
If the iLace didn't fray or whatever, do you think that it would blend "more seemlessly" with someone's native hair that was cut as short as yours is than the French does (meaning having the lace showing like it was in some of your demonstrative pics)?

Unless I'm misleading myself by your pictures, iLace seems like it may be ideal for someone who wants to have a high-n-tight hair cut (an inch on top, blended down to .75-.5 inches until it hits native hair on the sides). Meaning, the shortness of said hairstyle probably wouldn't leave much to hide scalp/bases and this iLace appears to show no base whatsoever which should hypothetically be able to blend flawlessly with native hair. Do you not think there is anyway you could have an all ILace system? Also, do you think you could go any shorter with your hair and maybe create a George Clooney caesar-style cut?

Does anyone have a pic of an iLace hairline (preferably in a darker color).

BTW, thanks a bunch for the photos
07-03-2009, 02:25 PM,
Reubin

Thanks very much for the marked-up picture; that is really interesting and inspiring.

I guess with such a 360 degree high definition hairstyle you must have to get the placement of your hairpiece spot on every time. Do you use any special techniques? Could you be persuaded to do a photo-demo of your placement technique next time you do a change?
07-11-2009, 04:22 AM,
At a 60-65% density, how short do you think you could go? Would the 2 inches you previously stated be the max?

Thanks

I wonder if an iLace full-cap could be done in a short-n-choppy style?