Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
09-14-2014, 10:53 AM,
RE: First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
I order all my supplies from the Hair Direct site as they have the most comprehensive range ...literally a one-stop shop for everything a wearer needs.... the only alcohol I have bought in a Pharmacy here is ` Surgical spirit` ....it`s no use really, for removing /cleaning.....it`s fine to wipe your scalp with...... I don`t know the percentages of alcohol/s in the lace release etc. .... I just order them by ` name` so I know what I`m getting.
It`s not recommended to expose lace to citrus solvents too often as it can discolour the lace, so use a glue melter [alcohol] on your lace to clean it.
Dryness is the main enemy of system hair....frequent shampooing will exacerbate this and will also lighten / ` lift` the colour, leading to obvious / visible differences [more headache !]
A good colour -maintaining conditioner is ``Back2 Natural`` [ also available on the H.D. site] the ` Dark Natural ash Brown` is usually the one to get if you have brown hair..... you need to use this from early on rather than towards the end of the system`s wearable life--it`ll keep the colour from lifting too early...
I have the ``It`s a 10`` leave-in conditioner ... I find it ok /gives a nice shine but , like many products on system-hair, it can tend to build up and the system can look a bit wiggy --it`s best used sparingly ---often it`s fine just to spritz with water every other day--this kind of reactivates it again.... my preferred one is `PPI Enhance` leave-in daily conditioner [green bottle --also on H.D.] --it`s cheap, effective and has UV filters in it .... just 3 or 4 sprays onto damp hair is enough...re-activate it next day by just spritzing with water....
Things like jojoba oil can be used [sparingly] towards the tips of the hair....using oils near the base can lead to knots becoming undone and hair shedding out .... have a look at the `Remysoft` shampoo and conditioning cream ..... there`s a ` finishing serum` that they sell too ----again, all available on the one site.... the serum would be better /safer than ` oils`.
In relation to tapes /duration of hold.------ it`s impossible to be definitive in what will work for you / your individual physiology...... there are too many variables at play ....it`s trial and error..... if you look on that site, they give a brief ` description` of each bonding-product and an estimated / approximate hold-time which may be expected..... some guys get over a week from Walker no -shine tape --- I can only get 3 days and it turns to goo on my head ! We`re all different. I use Ultra hold tape..it`s pretty good , but I detach nightly so I don`t know how long it would last if I wanted a long-term hold ..... my head tends to be very ` hot`.... tapes don`t hold up for very long for me but that`s fine.... I just replace the things nightly as I have gotten into that routine. I think you need to get the hang of attachments / detachments initially --trying to nail down every last millimeter of your perimeter just now will be problematic...I`d use tapes for the back /sides and glue at the front where visibility may be a concern for you ....it`s easier to tape up your system while it`s off your head...peel off the backing papers [can be ` fiddly` and annoying until you get the hang of it] and turn them so the shiny non-stick side is now facing the tape on your base ..lightly press the paper back onto the tape with a corner creased /folded back --this will provide a barrier between your scalp and tape, allowing you to position it on your head....you can then work your way around the perimeter, peeling off /removing the papers as you go, using the creased bit as a grip -point.
Some guys like to apply their tapes a few millimeters ` inside` the perimeter ....they place / bond -on the system, and then they use glue layers directly onto the scalp so that the non-taped bit can be glued down ..... when applying glue , never ever press lace down onto ` wet` glue...it`ll go through the lace and solidify and you`ll have a terrible job to sort it out.....glues have to be applied thinly and evenly and allowed to cure almost dry between each layer..it`s time-consuming and something I have no patience for , but that`s just me..... I know how important non -detectability to the touch is to many people so it`s worth while investing the time if you need to get a high degree of undetectability...... you can use a strip of tape across the middle of the head if you wish .... it`s a matter of choice..... try to get used to ` general` bonding and cleaning first ...then you can go for a more``surgical`` / precise type of bond with literally every millimeter nailed down, if that`s your desire.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos) - Paul In Ireland - 09-14-2014, 10:53 AM