Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
09-14-2014, 08:02 AM,
RE: First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
Yes-- it can be frustrating making a template ....most guys have to make a few stabs at it before it`s passable... I use kitchen cling-film and ordinary [clear] Sellotape --the very wide one... there are tutorials on Youtube on template-making --have you looked at those ?
I wear French lace --- to be honest, it`s not much ` heavier` than Swiss..... the reason you`re getting bits which are lifting is the fit is not correct..many guys make their templates marginally smaller than the actual bald area..they then stretch the lace a little when bonding it on ... this gives a ` tighter` fit ..however, if it`s overstretched, it can lead to headaches and a tight feeling on the scalp ..... the areas of lift feel very large to you.... I know how irritating they are ....they`re probably not as visible as you feel they are --it`s because this is all new to you and you`re very conscious of the imperfections. ...we all are when it comes to it...... I totally get how annoying this is ......it`s a matter of getting the next one to be more accurate...... would a stock system work for you in terms of colour ? It`s just that it could be trimmed to size to fit your thin / bald area and the front would be graduated density...the stocks are all medium density ... just if you are very unhappy with this one, a stock might work /tide you over until your next custom-made arrives ? Stocks can be dispatched and be with you in a matter of days.....just a thought.You`d most likely still have ares on the perimeter where you`ll feel pleats or areas not sitting snugly to the scalp--stocks have their limitations but one might get you out of this situation. It sure sounds to me that your glue was not allowed the correct ` cure` time between layers....a rush job....you cannot ` rush` a bond when using glue/s ---it takes patience and time ..most of these stylists just simply will not give anyone that long ....which is why I have often used Got2bglued in the stylists chair....takes about 2 minutes to apply, and system can be placed onto it soon after and NO white marks going home !! All most of them want to do is slap the thing on your head if you haven`t arrived with it bonded on yourself [which is hard to do with an uncut system and long hair ---you`d look quite a ` picture` walking on the street with that on your head !! ] cut it in and shove you out the door again !! [after relieving you of a wad of cash usually] I can understand it to an extent but if they`re pushed for time, they should tell you to arrive with it taped-up and prepped in a bag so all they have to do is sit it on, peel off the backing-papers and cut it in... I think either have it taped or bring Got2b with you ---it`ll save a lot of the hassle you`re now having.
Lace-release is what it says on the tin ! -- it breaks the bond between lace and the underlying adhesive material. ..it`s an alcohol. Glue melter is another type of alcohol which attacks sticky residues on scalp and / or base ..... it has it`s limitations and some glues can be really really stubborn, hence the necessity for a citrus solvent sometimes..... it makes light work of such matter.....use a sweat band around your head, spray it onto the bare scalp and allow it 5 minutes to attack the residue...wipe it off with kitchen towel then shampoo /clean your head as normal .....a good idea before re-bonding a system is to wipe your scalp with a cotton pad moistened with alcohol ..it`ll remove oils which can still be on the skin after shampooing and will kill any possible lurking bacteria...leaves the skin squeaky-clean ready for you new tapes/ glue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos) - Paul In Ireland - 09-14-2014, 08:02 AM