Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another thin skin thread!
03-08-2013, 05:13 PM,
RE: Another thin skin thread!
If it's lace and a little too big it's not a big deal. Lace is easy enough to trim down. Skin is harder but I haven't tried Toplace's skin systems.
03-11-2013, 10:03 PM,
Where are all the skin wearers that use tape?
03-12-2013, 02:19 AM,
I don't think you will find more than a few. As said many times recently already, skin + perimeter-only bond is not a great combination due to the reasons that have been repeated again and again. I suggest you either do a full scalp bond (why are you so reluctant to do this?) or go with lace. I wouldn't even consider a lace perimeter-only bond due to itching and shedding being a result.

Why are people so afraid of a full scalp bond? It's the closest feeling to your own hair you can get.
03-12-2013, 02:36 AM,
Once you are used to tape it's so easy, and I have been using tape for 30+ years. I now change the tape, on my lace front unit (with pu on the sides and back) every 7 days. Does not take more than 15 minutes. I don't have a problem with itching or shedding.
03-12-2013, 05:27 AM,
15 minutes is good going! I take 2 hours to do a full debond/cleaning/shaving/rebond/styling process every week. I'm happy with that though and with the full scalp bond I get that security of knowing my bond is as secure and reliable as possible. Plus when I comb or style my hair it looks and acts like scalp hair. But I understand your preference of low maintenance.
03-12-2013, 02:35 PM,
Hey OW....what tape do you use? Im thinking of trying that new Stickit tape. Thanks
03-12-2013, 11:21 PM,
Southernguy
"Hairenough, what do you use to do a full bond?"

http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?tid=5682
03-13-2013, 12:31 AM,
Silver Streak,

I don't know the exact name of the tape but it is a lace tape and I use the non-shine one in front. I do have a very secure hold and I decided to change every 7 days because the tape then comes off easily without too much trouble.
03-13-2013, 12:54 AM,
Thanks OW....I heard the stickit tape is a good hold with very easy clean up....I hate the gummy messy mirror slide part or a de-re !!!