Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best base for this hairstyle?
02-06-2013, 07:08 PM,
RE: Best base for this hairstyle?
really I get a good 3 days out of it, you get it off the unit naturally by washing it, in fact I don't have to do anything to get rid of the residue, when I wash my unit (aka soak it in a basin of warm water + shampoo) it comes off naturally during that process.

the residue left on my head comes off naturally via one hand full of warm water, there is NO cleanup at all!

don't bother using tape with it, there really is no point, Got2B trumps all, it is mentioned all the time on this forum and other forums, in fact it might even destroy the toupey glue market world if more people knew about it.

stick with lace due to comfort, tbh I don't even know what the advantages of skin really is!
02-06-2013, 07:18 PM,
fullcapwearer,

Thanks for the quick reply! By the sound of it a skin unit can be just as comfortable as a lace unit if you bond it fully.

I am keen on a skin unit after I read Hairenough's write up about it. The injected hair makes all the sense in the world and I think I will get a more natural looking top. I am not worried about the hairline as you can see from the style I wear. He also stated that with his skin unit it is the closest he has come to having your own hair. The full bond issue was what was holding me back but I think you gave me the solution. I got confused a bit because I did not connect the thinness of the unit with the fact that it can only be injected or V-looped depending.

Do you cust peel your unit off slowly when removing? How about the swimming bit, I am sure there you will need to add some glue?

30secs to adjust the unit on your head before it dries would be an added bonus.

Oldwearer.
02-06-2013, 07:43 PM,
I believe the official word on swimming is you need toupey glue aka medical grade adhesive, as Got2B may not be strong enough, perspiration may not work too well with Got2B, so if it is heavily raining and you get a lot on your hair and you are sweating in a night club, when you are home you may need to do a re-attachment.

however this is extremely rare 99% of the time Got2B works just as good as ORWG, in worst case scenario just do a re-top up, in these odd events.

but yeah you will have to do full bond so you don't hear the crinkly sound, and I can vouch for that you can hear it and its fairly noticeable.

and you will have to get TL 700, which the real name is ultra thinkin 0.03 if you want it to be as comfortable as lace, the 0.08 thinskin is not as comfortable as it is thicker.

but while it might technically be as comfortable as lace it will feel like you are wearing something, with lace it is like you are wearing a feather!

I don't knwo what you mean by cust peel, with Got2B it is easy to remove, its kindof hard to describe, I guess Got2B hold is like always 80% hold, so you could take it off after 12 hours if need be, its very easy to take off anytime and 100% no clean up, yet its strong enough for all daily activities, including girls touching your hair.

and yes you get time to adjust it, very unlike toupey glue you better align it right the first time!, but with Got2B you get a good 30 seconds.

it really is -almost- perfect.
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM,
fullcapwearer,

Thanks. Finger trouble on my side, should have been "just" and not "cust"!!

I hear what you say about the thickness of the skin unit, the problem would be that the TL700 has V-looped hair and after what Hairenough wrote I am keen on getting a base with injected hair. My units are not that big and it might still feel light even with a thicker base. I won't actually know till I try.

Your unit and style looks great btw!

Hairenough,

Looking at this style, which do you think would be the best base? The thicker one with injected hair or the thinner NG one with V-looped hair? The hair would be a bit longer than what you are wearing.