Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problems in business?
01-04-2013, 01:04 AM,
RE: problems in business?
Hi Andy,

I work in big business (Fortune 100 company) and can tell you that no-one has ever noticed it. Truthfully, its very rare that anyone will even look at your hair, most are focused on other things.

Also to put it in context, when I did my first order I was in the Army. I was ready for all sorts of verbal jibes from my section and they the rest of the troop / unit once they found out. I had it professional fitted to make sure it was cut-in good. I had the fitting on a Friday afternoon, to give it the weekend to settle, and give it a wash. When I went to work on the Monday, no one even noticed! I worried for nothing. I told a colleague.. He said it looks awesome, and said he thought something was different and that maybe I had put some gel in my hair. My hair was fairly short in the Army, so maybe that is why no-one noticed, and I also had some slight tinting... so the unit looked like I had been on holiday.

After the Army I lived in Dubai for 2 years with full cap unit. For me the temp made no difference at all. Continue with your maintenance and you will have no problems.

I can't see your hands being a problem for wearing a unit.

Best of luck..!! Remember there are lots of people here to answer any questions and help

Cheers
01-04-2013, 02:48 AM,
Wow, great answer!

It helps me so much! Thank you! Can a naked scanner on the airport detect a full cap? (funny question Big Grin)

Greetings,
Andy
03-16-2013, 08:36 AM,
I, like others can only tell you what I do.

I do not bother to hide the fact that I wear a wig. My business colleagues know and quite frankly if they care then that is their problem, not mine.

I know it sounds trite, but it is true, it matters to you and not much to others. My new neighbor across the street said she knew something was different, but her girlfriend said she knew right away. However, both said it looks better, and let us face it, most of us are doing this for women as well as ourselves.

I like the way I look better with the wig than without and it is more comfortable in winter and in summer for me. My bald head is cold in winter and gets burned in summer.

BTW, Florida in August works fine for me with hold, but then I remove the wig every three to five days.

Starting off was a royal pain in the a$$, everything new, all thumbs, etc.

At these prices though worth a try and take some days off from business if possible to get a feel for everything and that will make your transition easier.
03-16-2013, 11:46 PM,
hey,can i ask u did you go from bald/balding to a full head of hair?
With some of the results i cant think anyone would guess people are wearing unless they knew the person was balding from before.
Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0-ekPdGUho

Nobody would guess he was wearing a wig
03-17-2013, 12:58 AM,
Your choice regarding the scanners, if you go through the scanners of course your wig would be visible. I never go through those scanners at the airports whether I wear the wig or not. I make them pat me down. These scanners were sold to the government by an ex-Bush Jr. "Homeland Security" boss, Chertoff. The pilots' union (in the U.S. at least) lobbied to allow their pilots NOT to have to be scanned by them. Good example of why unions are nice to have. They are banned in Europe.

"http://www.digitaltrends.com/international/airport-x-ray-body-scanners-banned-in-europe-over-cancer-risks/"

Your choice.
03-19-2013, 03:39 PM,
@Parallax01 I always thought wearing in the army would be one of the biggest challenges when wearing.. your story is pretty inspiring. It was good to hear it. Thanks!
03-19-2013, 03:52 PM,
maxx_headroom

happy to see another person who is "awake"
03-25-2013, 04:52 PM,
I'm a lawyer, Andy. And I litigate quite a bit. If I can stand in front of juries while wearing for the last 11 years (and that's exactly what I've done), I dare say that wearing will not present an issue for you in the business world. Not one snicker, not one sideways glance has come my way from a juror in those 11 years. They have no clue that I'm wearing, even though they're looking right at me for sometimes 2 or 3 weeks at a time. Pretty fair litmus test, I'd say. And I assure you that I would not risk my clients' well being if I thought for a moment that wearing might make a bad impression on a jury.