Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice really needed (badly) - pics
11-28-2012, 12:56 PM,
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics
You're a legend.

Thanks

I guess as well I could make many frontals out of the one peice allbeit only one would be lace. Its a thin skin swiss lace fronted. Perhaps that's why she is trying to dissuade me! Less commission on the pieces. The more I think about this the more I'm thinking of going it alone. I have a robocut and I'm quite happy with the job it does on my hair, I perhaps need to spend a bit more time and be a bit more meticulous with my hair cuts but hell, I think I'm gonna do it!

Right now I've got to figue out what to buy. Thanks again:-)

I kind of know what your going through. My head shape is kind of odd too. It isn't noticeable when I wear a hair system or a hat, but bald you can really see it. My head is kind of elongated up top. And I always had a high forehead to deal with.

Perhaps you can use a different hair style to transition. For example maybe wearing your hair down in bangs for awhile. The jogging is a good idea too. u can wet your hair and have it down and i don't think anyone will notice.. than make your transition slowly. I always wore a hat.. hell people used to always bust my balls about wearing hats so much. But that is MUCH better than them seeing you completely bald one day and the next you have a full head of hair. I am happy I wore a hat a lot and concealers etc.. It helped me with my transition. If people ask why i always wore a hat or why my hair was funky.. I just say when I was younger.. which is the truth i had really crappy hair.. but as i got older it started getting straighter and better.
Hi

Yes it is a bitch. If I don't get my hair exactly right people give me all sorts of weird looks and make comments behind my back and too my face sometimes. It's like I never really fully felt comfortable with how I look or was confident but when I had all my hair I had a lot of women, without trying really. I was astonished at times the kind of women that used to offer themselves to me. A little bit of hair loss and all of a sudden nothing, it's as if I have the plague lol/ cry.

I'd be lying if I said I'd ever be the same again, even with an excellent toupee.
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM,
You know its not necessarily the lack of hair that turns women off.
Its the lack of confidence that can go with it.

When we feel something isn't right, we give off a different vibe, whether we know it or not and other people pick up on it subconsciously.

If you wear hair and you study yourself in the mirror and are pleased with the results, your confidence eventually starts growing again.
Then you start getting compliments and it gets better & better.

I'm not saying it happens over night, but it does happen as testified by MANY guys here on this forum.

If I were you, I'd consider ordering an all swiss lace stock piece.
You can go for french lace, which is a little more robust, its up to you.
But I think I'm right in saying guys can get about 3 front partials out of one stock piece.

I can't tell exactly, but your hair colour looks like it could be matched to a stock piece pretty easily.
Remember, if you send in a hair sample (& you should) to take that sample from the front where the hair is naturally a few shades lighter.

Good Luck!
11-28-2012, 01:54 PM,
You are a true gentleman, I really appreciate your feedback.

You are probably right I guess. I used to not feel good but I didn't feel bad about how I looked either so I was my usual self, cracking jokes, being kind to people, whatever it was it worked. I hope that I don't hold the bitterness inside after I look more respectable and can move on and be that happy go lucky person again. It's been such a long time I don't know!
11-28-2012, 02:09 PM,
2.5 weeks ago I had my old teeth veneers removed to have new ones made & put on, which I do about every 5 years or so.
They should normally take about a week to 10 days to get made and in the meantime the dentist puts on temporary ones.
My dentist is 300 miles from where I live (don't ask...I know its crazy!) and after I got back home, 2 of the front temp veneers fell off, revealing my horrific natural teeth which are substantially smaller, more crooked and yellow!
I haven't been able to leave the house!
I feel SO self conscious about them and the way I look.
But I kept thinking it was only a matter of days and all would be ok again.

Just my luck....... my teeth got lost during the floods in the north of the UK, where they were being made!!!

A new set SHOULD arrive this Thursday but it will be a total of 3 weeks and I can't believe what a knock to my confidence those weeks have been.
I don't go anywhere unless I HAVE to and I keep my head down and won't engage with ANYONE!

I keep telling myself that next week all will be ok again and I'll be able to face people and actually smile again!

I know I'm acting like a crazy person, they're only teeth, but its these sorts of things that can really change a person and how they feel about themselves.

Here is a pic of how they are now and what the finished new ones will be:

Attached Files Image(s)

11-28-2012, 02:25 PM,
Sorry to laugh but that's a funny story. That's the kind of thing that happens to me. Not that exact thing obviously, but similarly tragic. In retro it's funny but at the time you feel you've been cursed. I'm UK too. We missed the floods in Hampshire mostly that I'm aware of.

I have a habit of fixating on a point on peoples faces and talking to it. Don't know why or how to stop it. It has nothing to do with an unusual characteristic of the person, it's totally random. One day it'll be the eyes, next the nose, another the mouth. It's not the biggest problem i face in life lol but god when someone actually has a strange nose or bad teeth and they are insecure about it I don't know what to do. I start getting anxiety and either continue to look in the fixed spot or not at all in their direction. God knows what I've done to people. Good job you didn't meet me.

I have to be honest, I hate the fact that I'm a sensitive person. The derision that people receive for wearing wigs or having surgery, when they are the exact people we should be being most conscientious about, including celebrities. Humans suck sometimes. Anyway I digress!

Did they go like that over time or were they always like that? I assume the veneers just get glued on top.

Funny thing is my teeth kinda started off that way as a small child and then just sorted themselves out by themselves. My brother has better teeth than me but he had braces!
11-28-2012, 02:35 PM,
I don't suppose you watched that programme on BBC3 this evening about cosmetic surgery?
It was quite interesting, but you got the same old people ranting on about loving yourself for who you are, blah blah.

Its a great theory, but all I know is that I could have had years of therapy to accept my baldness or actually do something about it.
Unfortunately my first course of action (transplants) didn't restore my confidence.
The replacement hair wearing did (eventually).

It was cheaper & quicker than therapy and it meant I could get on and enjoy the last 20 years.
The other thing that I got from wearing was being back in control.
I couldn't control my hairloss and it was taking me in a direction I wasn't happy with.
Being able to do something about it for myself was one of the biggest psychological benefits.

PS. I'd laugh about my teeth too, if it didn't involve smiling!
I'm in Brighton, so we haven't had flooding either.

PSS. My 2 front teeth used to be ok ish. The ones next to them never grew from being baby teeth.
So they were never even.
They get built up to the same size with a compound and then the porcelain veneers are put over the fronts.
Every time they drill off the old veneers and compound, they remove a bit more of your natural teeth.
Hence they have gotten smaller & odder over the years.

A bit like the hair thing. I had a choice of a year or two with braces or the quick fix.
I went for the quick fix!
11-28-2012, 02:52 PM,
I threw my TV out 5 years ago so no I didn't catch it. I'll see if I can watch it online. Yeah it's bullshit. The people who really couldn't give on iota of a crap about their appearance are extremelly rare. I damn admire them though and wish I could be the same. Shane Mcgowen is one of my heros. Love that guy. What you see is EXACTLY what you get.

Anyway it's all about how people treat you and if you are ugly or strange looking or whatever then "some" people will treat you like dirt and knowing they are the spawn of satan doesn't make you feel any better about it.

Having sagital synostosis I know allot of people with deformity. Of those hundreds of people I know none that were completely indifferent to the responses/ reception they get from other people based on their appearance. Not one single person in hundreds. the people that people think are strong and carry themselves with authority or whatnot nearly always have nothing to be embarrassed about and have faced no challenges. not always but most of the time!
11-28-2012, 03:08 PM,
Its not even necessarily that straight forward either.
I think everyone is different, with different circumstances, good and bad.
And so ANYONE who generalises about what other people should or shouldn't be or do, is totally misguided.

I was brought up with an extraordinary amount of love and was constantly told that everything I was or did, was wonderful.
Consequently I have a high feeling of self worth and confidence about WHO I am.
Other people and their negative opinions/reactions could never really deflate that.
But if I feel there is something wrong or lacking about me, then it DOES effect me.

I sort of act or conduct myself exuding confidence and other people seem to see me that way too.
But I feel I can only be like that if everything about me meets my standards, not other people's.

Its quite hard to explain without sounding egotistical & vain, which a lot of people can accuse me of.
I'm not saying I believe I'm perfect.
I'm trying to say that I'm confident about being someone thats not perfect, which is what I am.
But I do want to be the best I can be.
So improvements are about doing what I think is right for me and not about trying to conform to anyone else's opinions.

That said though, age is a strange thing and so little of what I thought mattered to me in my youth actually is important to me now.

I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not!
11-29-2012, 08:28 AM,
No I think you explained it quite well. Also, I don't look at confidence or one who is happy with oneself an interpret that as ego or arrogance. I am not the most secure person in the world but I am rational.

I'm practically the opposite of how you just described yourself. Although I have a few unusual and innate strings to my bow and come across sometimes as arrogant to people I am quite insecure and don't think that much of myself. Most people who know me wouldn't think I felt like that cos I have a varying skill set and I speak my mind in life. Doesn't mean I think I am that great a human being though. I've been bitterly disappointed in myself on many many occasions!
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM,
Hi,
Quite a bit has been mentioned in this thread about confidence,looking good etc.I know of several guys who don't suffer much if any hairloss,and get paranoid if they are not looking there best,even with no balding,or much else to worry them.
I think it takes a certain kind of person who can roll with hairloss,without being concerned,and happy to do nothing about it,each to there own i guess.
I know when i started balding many years ago,just at the time when i was getting really interested in women,my confidence took a big hit.
So it all boils down to doing what makes you feel confident,and i know getting your hair back,for me,made a lot of difference.

What i also think is worth mentioning,is many guys coming on here,not only need hair,but benefit from the emotional support and guidance they get from other guys on this forum who have been there themselves,that is priceless.

Regards topcat