Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice really needed (badly) - pics
11-27-2012, 09:31 AM,
advice really needed (badly) - pics
I'm getting a frontal in about 2 or 3 weeks. Ordered it express 2 weeks ago. Nice lady who seems genuine and works in a salon in the UK. Paying a lot for it but for a first time I want no hassle, no screw up experience and then maybe work it myself in the future

I have a rare condition called craniosynostosis which basically has made my head grow long and narrow and tall. Like an ostrich egg. Alot of people will suspect I wear cos I've been receding for a long time and this last 2 years I've always worn a cap. Even with a cap on though you can tell the odd dimensions of my head.

If enclose a picture from the front. I may see if I can dig out an image from profile view later. What do you reckon. How low should I go. What should i say. How should I transition out of the cap.

What I thought was I may start jogging and only not wear a cap then so people will think it's just more comfortable to run without the cap etc. Also, I'm slim but I can bulk well if I go hard core in the gym for a couple of months and eat enough to keep a lion in shape. Would that make things even more obvious or do you reckon I should absolutely go balls out to change my body to detract from the hair?

Cheers guys and thanks for this excellent forum. Seems to be no trolls and a good vibe here!

Oh I'm nearly 35 BTW
[

One other thing. I see a physiotherapist once a month cos I have a bad spinal injury and do a demanding job. She massages my scalp and neck and sees everything fairly close up.

Any chance in hell she wont know or am I gonna have to come clean?
11-27-2012, 11:34 AM,
RE: advice really needed (badly) - pics
First of all I could never tell that your head was anything but a normal shaped head.
I also think its a shaped head/face that will really 'take' to wearing a frontal piece.

My suggestion would be to start off small, just bringing the front down 2 inches max (which will make a surprising difference) and then over time, order slightly larger pieces.

I promise you people will notice you look better, but won't realise why.
Its very hard for someone who is contemplating sticking something on to their head to believe that other people won't immediately notice, but its confirmed every week on this forum.

Re the head massage, thats tricky.
Its not like a quick grope. It would be a prolonged thing.
I think you'd have to fess-up on that score, just to save everyone involved from possible embarassment.
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM,
thanks for the kind words. It's more the profile shots that you can see my cranio.

I was gonna lower it an inch ish. That's what the template seemed to go down to. About 4 fingers above the eyebrows roughly. I hope you are right about my frontal face shape lending itself to wearing.

Probably right about fessing up to the physio. I have to see her probably for the rest of my life so... anyhow she and I have quite a good rapport so it shouldn't be too bad hopefully. There's something about once a month getting practically naked with a total stranger and her contorting and bending you and such that breaks down barriers!

Once again, thanks:-)
11-27-2012, 09:26 PM,
The up-side of telling someone you know that you're wearing hair is that you get the reaction where they don't/won't believe you!

Its always a confidence booster!
11-28-2012, 10:14 AM,
Just sticking another images on to give a profile view so you guys can see what I'm dealing with.
11-28-2012, 10:27 AM,
Sorry, but I still can't see that much of a problem with your head shape!
You must have a VERY mild version of craniosynostosis.

But anyway........ I've done a quick mock-up to give you an idea how a little hair can make a big difference.

Attached Files Image(s)

11-28-2012, 10:36 AM,
Yes I do have really mild craniosynostosis but also this pic doesn't show it too bad. However trust me, I have had 2 investigative operations to measure my intra cranial pressure which is ellevated and officially diagnosed.

Thanks very much for the mock up that actually does give me some idea. Thanks alot:-)
11-28-2012, 11:47 AM,
One last question!

Can I not just cut the peice up to place in front of my existing hair. The lady doesn't think that would work but I really don't want to have to cut away my existing hair and not be able to continue using minoxidil.

cheers
11-28-2012, 12:39 PM,
Lots of people use just a front partial and put it in front of their existing hair.
My feeling is, use as much of your natural hair as possible.

I would definitely insist on trying it your way first.
You might not take to wearing and decide its not for you.
Doing it your way means that you've not shaved off any of your own hair and can go back to how you were with no problems.

Here are a few threads that might help:
http://forum.toplace.com/showthread.php?...nt+partial
11-28-2012, 12:52 PM,
I kind of know what your going through. My head shape is kind of odd too. It isn't noticeable when I wear a hair system or a hat, but bald you can really see it. My head is kind of elongated up top. And I always had a high forehead to deal with.

Perhaps you can use a different hair style to transition. For example maybe wearing your hair down in bangs for awhile. The jogging is a good idea too. u can wet your hair and have it down and i don't think anyone will notice.. than make your transition slowly. I always wore a hat.. hell people used to always bust my balls about wearing hats so much. But that is MUCH better than them seeing you completely bald one day and the next you have a full head of hair. I am happy I wore a hat a lot and concealers etc.. It helped me with my transition. If people ask why i always wore a hat or why my hair was funky.. I just say when I was younger.. which is the truth i had really crappy hair.. but as i got older it started getting straighter and better.