Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm back - checking in - my story!
10-17-2012, 08:48 PM,
I'm back - checking in - my story!
I was on here a while back, I forgot my login details so re-registered.

I wanted a piece to work around my forelock. I was growing my hair long and brushing it forward, I've done this for almost 10 years, it looked bad (now I look back on it) but it did look like I had loads of hair....which to me was better than a bald head.

So one day I decided to cut it and use a small piece around my hairline, I liked it to start with but relaised that I really was struggling to cover the area....got pretty depressed and wished I had never cut my hair.

Thankfully a few moonths on and the extra growth has really helped now I use a piece about 1 1/2 inches across by about 1/2 inch depth. Tiny right? But as I mix all my hair in with it not only is it completely undectectable it completey transformed my look.

Now instead of a big tumbleweed on my head I have a much cooler style and its gave me a great confidence boost.

Toplace nailed the colour...and as I am gbecoming grey the grey they used works perfectly.

I wish I hadnt cut my hair as it led to a bad few months but if I hadnt cut it I would probably still be rocking the tumbleweed look lol.

Its truly amazing what a small amount of extra hair can do.

Its not the perfect solution as a Great HT would be but for reasons I wont bore you with its riskier for me to have a HT than others so this in many ways is my best option.

I'm just glad theres things out there that can help us look and feel better.
10-18-2012, 08:24 PM,
RE: I'm back - checking in - my story!
bang on,
same as if i place my hair system to far back i can tell, at least i can place it a 1/4" inch furthger forward within minutes, beauty of a hair system, instant results

anty Smile
10-20-2012, 12:29 AM,
I'm getting to the point now where my hair is close to how it was before I cut it, a few months and it will be the same, but I'm still going to use the front piece as I really like it.

Another thing that amazes me is how undetectable it is, sure my piece is tiny and a mix my hair in but I flick most of it back and have a few strands coming down but you could have your eye upto my hairline and not see it...I cant.

Obviously its a lot easier for me that others who have a partial or bigger piece but people have shown on here that even a larger piece can be brilliant.
10-20-2012, 10:56 AM,
Sounds very similar to me. I too grew my hair to cover up the thinning a bit and cut some hair tonight and it's too short, so I'll need a touch of toppik to cover up. I think once the 4 cans of it go, I'll switch to a piece as I'm using two temple pieces and have to say, they have been absolutely superb and also a great intro into wearing if you a beginner and like you say great that you can blend your own hair into it too.
10-20-2012, 07:23 PM,
Greetings, Pilky. What kind of template did your hair partial require, and what kind of attachment do you use for that? I'm experiencing similar hair loss. Looking for advice on a partial.
10-20-2012, 11:20 PM,
Hi AJ,

My is a little odd sounding but it works for me. All I asked toplace to do was a thin strip of lace and I cut the pieces out of it. As mine is so small (just over an inch across and half an inch depth) its the best way for me. I can then cut around 5 pieces out of it. I found this much easier than to cut similiar sized pieces out of a normal sized partial.

Its SFS lace. I just use Air Flex Mini Contours tape to hold it.
10-21-2012, 01:17 AM,
Hey Pilky any chance you could upload some photos? I'd love to see what your talking about. Sounds great.
10-21-2012, 03:04 AM,
Thanks for the reply, Pilky. Per Workeded, could you possibly post a pic of the partial to see how it works? I'm very interested in replicating that Smile
10-21-2012, 04:20 AM,
Do you mean a pic of me wearing or the actual piece toplace sent me?
10-21-2012, 07:57 PM,
Both would be best.

Pictures really help people get an idea of what its all about.
In your case, it would be really interesting to see what a big difference a small partial can make to appearances.

Of course you can always block out your face to remain anonymous, but try to leave in the eyebrows as this gives a better sense of proportion to the forehead.