Toplace USA
I'm back - checking in - my story! - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: I'm back - checking in - my story! (/showthread.php?tid=5427)

Pages: 1 2

I'm back - checking in - my story! - pilky - 10-17-2012

I was on here a while back, I forgot my login details so re-registered.

I wanted a piece to work around my forelock. I was growing my hair long and brushing it forward, I've done this for almost 10 years, it looked bad (now I look back on it) but it did look like I had loads of hair....which to me was better than a bald head.

So one day I decided to cut it and use a small piece around my hairline, I liked it to start with but relaised that I really was struggling to cover the area....got pretty depressed and wished I had never cut my hair.

Thankfully a few moonths on and the extra growth has really helped now I use a piece about 1 1/2 inches across by about 1/2 inch depth. Tiny right? But as I mix all my hair in with it not only is it completely undectectable it completey transformed my look.

Now instead of a big tumbleweed on my head I have a much cooler style and its gave me a great confidence boost.

Toplace nailed the colour...and as I am gbecoming grey the grey they used works perfectly.

I wish I hadnt cut my hair as it led to a bad few months but if I hadnt cut it I would probably still be rocking the tumbleweed look lol.

Its truly amazing what a small amount of extra hair can do.

Its not the perfect solution as a Great HT would be but for reasons I wont bore you with its riskier for me to have a HT than others so this in many ways is my best option.

I'm just glad theres things out there that can help us look and feel better.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - antywanty - 10-18-2012

bang on,
same as if i place my hair system to far back i can tell, at least i can place it a 1/4" inch furthger forward within minutes, beauty of a hair system, instant results

anty Smile

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - pilky - 10-20-2012

I'm getting to the point now where my hair is close to how it was before I cut it, a few months and it will be the same, but I'm still going to use the front piece as I really like it.

Another thing that amazes me is how undetectable it is, sure my piece is tiny and a mix my hair in but I flick most of it back and have a few strands coming down but you could have your eye upto my hairline and not see it...I cant.

Obviously its a lot easier for me that others who have a partial or bigger piece but people have shown on here that even a larger piece can be brilliant.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - kevinme - 10-20-2012

Sounds very similar to me. I too grew my hair to cover up the thinning a bit and cut some hair tonight and it's too short, so I'll need a touch of toppik to cover up. I think once the 4 cans of it go, I'll switch to a piece as I'm using two temple pieces and have to say, they have been absolutely superb and also a great intro into wearing if you a beginner and like you say great that you can blend your own hair into it too.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - ajv99 - 10-20-2012

Greetings, Pilky. What kind of template did your hair partial require, and what kind of attachment do you use for that? I'm experiencing similar hair loss. Looking for advice on a partial.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - pilky - 10-20-2012

Hi AJ,

My is a little odd sounding but it works for me. All I asked toplace to do was a thin strip of lace and I cut the pieces out of it. As mine is so small (just over an inch across and half an inch depth) its the best way for me. I can then cut around 5 pieces out of it. I found this much easier than to cut similiar sized pieces out of a normal sized partial.

Its SFS lace. I just use Air Flex Mini Contours tape to hold it.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - Workeded - 10-21-2012

Hey Pilky any chance you could upload some photos? I'd love to see what your talking about. Sounds great.

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - ajv99 - 10-21-2012

Thanks for the reply, Pilky. Per Workeded, could you possibly post a pic of the partial to see how it works? I'm very interested in replicating that Smile

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - pilky - 10-21-2012

Do you mean a pic of me wearing or the actual piece toplace sent me?

RE: I'm back - checking in - my story! - Hersute - 10-21-2012

Both would be best.

Pictures really help people get an idea of what its all about.
In your case, it would be really interesting to see what a big difference a small partial can make to appearances.

Of course you can always block out your face to remain anonymous, but try to leave in the eyebrows as this gives a better sense of proportion to the forehead.