Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Took the plunge. Finally (Pics)
09-18-2012, 06:36 AM,
RE: Took the plunge. Finally (Pics)
I like it and it looks natural.

Since you are in College (young kid) and your temple point/hair is still visible, i would bring the hairline down a little bit to make it look younger. The recession is great but i am assuming you are in your early 20s. Maybe i am wrong but less is more with your current age. - my 2 cents.
09-20-2012, 05:31 PM,
hey earthling! im just wondering how it goes man? have you found that no one really notices? hows the maintenance of wearing hair feel like? is it nice? hows the confidence levels? im just curious man! lol
09-25-2012, 01:55 AM,
Hi again, i've been very busy.

The first week I was obviously adjusting mentally, looking at people to see if there was a reaction, etc. Now I can even forget I wear. If people look at me they look at my face, not hairline, so it isnt noticeable. Neither I can notice it looking closely in the mirror, only touching you can feel the border.
But, that said, in my opinion you must wear naturally, cause if you live it as an uncofessable sin that must ever be guarded, its not worth it, you'll be paranoic. You wear, so what. You look good.

But I had issues with itching, so I did frequent debonding and I was worried. But thanks to scalp protector and using only glue in front I almost solved all the itching. I havent seen too many posts about it but for me using the scalp protector is night and day. I will order my next system as all french lace too, no poly border, to have more transpiration. Also, will try got2beglued + red liner of little glue for frequent and easy debonding.

It has been said a lot of times, but product like brylcreem or enhance conditiuoner really make all the diference in naturality.

The rest, confidence levels, people (non)reactions , etc, all good

I also lowered the front line a little as the front line is pretty agressively graduated.

As a take home messaje for me I cant stress this enough: scalp protector is a life saver for itching!(for me)
I read that there's something called liquid bandage and also another scalp protector, anyone uses them?
09-25-2012, 03:16 AM,
I think scalps toughen up given time.
When I first started (many years ago) I had itching and used to use scalp protector and would regularly wash my scalp with Neutrogena Itchy Scalp Shampoo.

Both these things really helped.
This is the shampoo:
http://www.instyle.com/instyle/best-beau...16,00.html

BTW, I heard Walkers have brought out an extra strength scalp protector.
I also found tape irritated my scalp and white glues don't.

But these days the only time I get itching is if I leave my detachment too long and the glue seeps from the perimeter in to my natural hair.
Under the piece I have no problems.

So I hope your scalp toughens up in time, but it sounds as if you're taking the right precautions.

PS. I've also been meaning to congratulate you on how well your hair looks. TOTALLY natural.
I know others have suggested you bring the front down and you say now you have.
But don't go too far.
Its the irregularity of its position that makes it look so natural and completely deters detection.