Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone who wears please chime in.
07-16-2012, 10:09 PM,
RE: Everyone who wears please chime in.
Everyone's bickering and arguing.. All I want to chime in with is this:
I've been wearing for 3 weeks, and I couldn't be happier. I wish I did this years ago, and I could never have done it without the help of the brilliant people on this forum.. So again, everyone, thanks SO much for having the patience to stick around and help those who take & appreciate the help.
07-16-2012, 10:57 PM,
Black-nail, I don't know how long you considered wearing before you took the plunge but for the benefit of people in Val's position, how many of the fears you had before wearing have become realities?
I worry that Val & others procrastinate and go over every possible scenario, fearing the worst and this doesn't further their understanding, it simply makes the whole thing more daunting.
So far, I think everyone has more or less agreed they wished they'd started sooner rather than waiting.
I read a lot of newbies questions and I completely understand the trepidation and questions on things that I feel will never even become issues and it can be frustrating. I see people like Val wasting their youth when I know they could be getting on with it. Consequently I've given Val quite a hard time of it because there was no getting through to him ( I have assumed Val is a 'him') and I felt he was approaching the whole thing with the wrong attitude & too many blinkers. I believe this is because he simply has thought about it all too much.
I wanted to shake him out of the hole he is/was digging himself into.
As a long time wearer myself, I can understand these concerns but I'm probably too far in to wearing to ever be able to really empathise.
Maybe, Black-nail, as someone fresh in to it, your perspective would be of much more benefit & value.
07-17-2012, 10:15 AM,
Hersute, i was on the fence for a couple of months. i just went through hundreds of old posts and asked a few questions and realized that it was worth a shot.
My biggest fear/concern was always the transition... i knew that learning the specifics of products and attachment methods would come with time.. i was just most scared about that first day back at work.

Though i am new to this game, it is already very obvious to me that hair wearing is not for everyone. You're either the type that is going to take control and go for it, or the type that will sit on the fence and procrastinate in fear. Neither is a bad character trait.. We're just all different.
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM,
@Hairenough, thanks a lot. That's the type of answer I was looking for and addresses what I needed to know.
As for telling someone to F up – if someone followed you in every thread you post in, reply instead of others, suggest faul play and patronise you in almost every post, you could lose your patience, too. I know the guy is knowledgeable and generally means well, but he has a peculiar way of giving a helping hand.

@Hersute, the reason I am procrastinating is because I have quite a log of my own hair. Most of the time, with appropriate haircut and use of concealer, it is not immediately evident to regular people that I'm loosing my hair in any way. But keeping this does put some serious restrictions on my life, which is the main reason I want to do it.
Therefore, before I jump, I want to know to a reasonable degree of certitude whether the thing I will get is gonna be a better deal than what I already have. The visit to the aforementioned stylist and his comments set me back quite a lot in my certitude. But maybe the saying ‘the shoemaker goes barefoot' is true in this case.
07-18-2012, 05:18 AM,
Val.... I love your posts! I wish you and your log of hair all the best of luck.
05-20-2013, 12:46 PM,
So, did Val ever take the plunge...?
05-20-2013, 01:14 PM,
Val is probably too busy with a pair of night vision goggles trained on Hairenough's home!
05-20-2013, 02:56 PM,
Well all I can say is thanks to all you guys who always help with questions ... you can see who is still here helping people out and who isn't.
05-20-2013, 03:52 PM,
Hersute

i read through this entire post and just had to log in and comment......
"Val is probably too busy with a pair of night vision goggles trained on Hairenough's home! "

OMG!!!! LMAO!!!! that was just to funny!!!!!!!!!
05-22-2013, 06:16 AM,
But do you guys think it could be undetectable for me, too? Wink

To the OP, I've been to a couple conventions, when they had them, and was blown away by some of the transformations I was witness to firsthand. I didn't like every transformation, but that was mostly just personally not liking the hairstyle the person had chosen. But yes, they can be undetectable.
Why then am I not wearing yet if I have such a glowing opinion of wearing? I am kind of in the same boat as Val, and I can do wonders with concealers so I have seen no need to "take the plunge" yet. It's what I know; what I am comfortable with, and it's how people know me(hairstyle, density, whatnot).
I recently did take an old, old piece I had laying around and slapped it on my head(behind my front transplants) with some Got2b, and cut it with my Flowbee. And aside from some issues with (lack of)recession, style and a not perfect cut in, I did think it looked pretty good.
I am lucky in the sense that I have enough hairloss to not muck up the attachment too much, but also have enough transplants in the front to go back to concealers as a second line of defense. So Val, you may want to get a piece and just experiment. You can always go back to concealers.