Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everyone who wears please chime in.
06-01-2012, 03:06 PM,
Everyone who wears please chime in.
Im really considering going the hair system route. but i need to know how undetectable is it?

pictures are pictures .. but the naked eye can see much more.
I mean if I exposed my hair line and someone is standing right infront of me will they noitce?

Keep in mind people with hair loss examine other peoples hair , and i got alot of friends with hair loss. Would they notice?

does anyone have any stories to help put my mind to ease? stories about interacting with girl and relationships? Friends and other people taking a look at hair?

any help would be appreciated thanks.
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM,
RE: Everyone who wears please chime in.
Hi,
Oh the million dollar question!.

If you can accept that sometimes the piece will not be perfect,but can look very good and be undetectable when done right,then a piece will work nicely,you have to be realistic about this,at the end of the day its hair basically glued to your scalp.
I have found with a age appropiate density,reasoanble colour match and blend you will have a workable solution for hairloss.but its never perfect.You have regular maintenance to deal with,but it gets easier.
Regards topcat
06-01-2012, 08:51 PM,
Keep in mind people with hair loss examine other peoples hair , follwing all the rules its just another head of hair,and hairlines look fantastic, even exposed,
in fact the reverse is also true, real life can look superior to a photo,

no one on this respected forum would continue to wear if the hair system looked so fake it defeats the object of wearing,
you have to see it in reality to be blown away by the realisim,

yeah folk here can get very technical, and it is a techincal business,
and needs to be,
also the majority of folk 95% have no intrest in youre hair, hairline, ect.
beleive me lace , skin is so very very very subtle, sometimes you cant see the join and you put the system on
there that good

freinds ect, no prob, depends on how you do the transition from where you are now to where you want to be.
thats the bigg variable.

enjoy anty
06-02-2012, 07:14 AM,
Sorry, I can't be bothered to chime in.
Its all been said before!
06-02-2012, 07:57 AM,
Actually, cameras tend to accentuate flaws and a hairpiece often looks better in person than it does in a picture.

That said, I agree with topcat. If you need something that is not detectible to anyone, ever, then a hairpiece isn't for you. I can say with relative confidence that I have never been spotted, but you never know. I'm sure there are times when a fellow hair wearer might have been able to pick out something being "off" but the general public is usually preoccupied with other things to the point where something would have to be pretty far off to raise suspicion.

As far as it being detectable to touch, if you use the right base materials most of it comes down to keeping up with the attachment. As long as all of the edges are glued down tight it would be hard for most people to notice anything different. That is sometimes easier said than done because after a couple of days even the best attachment will tend to lift here and there. Just have to be extra vigilant.
06-02-2012, 08:58 AM,
Frankly wearing is the most realistic solution we currently have available to us. If you want the most natural looking piece order a SFS custom with the front in Ultra Lace and the front inch in color 22R. Then colour the piece and your own hair with the same dye, being careful not to get the knots at the front. This will give you an amazing looking piece. I use just SFS for more durability and comb a little of my front down with the rest spikey and choppy. I wea my hair very short and modern. I've been dating my girlfriend for 3 years and we live together now. She does not know I wear. No one does. It's my secret and that's the way I like it.

Order a custom piece, spend a few months getting the hang of attaching and detaching and it will completely change your life for the better. Look through old posts for advice on the best glues and clean up products to use. I love Extendabond tape tabs for perimeter back and sides, ORWG all over as my glue, Goo Gone and dish soap to clean scalp and Autoglym Tar Remover to soak piece in for half an hour to take glue off (then wash with dish soap a few times). This routine works for me for an easy 6-7 day attachment and no drama. In return for spending a few dollars per week in supplies and about 2 hours for the detach-attach process I get to have great young and cool looking hair again. No more hats, no more rejecting invitations to places where hats are not the norm. It's a new life for me and it can be the same for you too. Good luck and dont' worry! The beginning is REALLY scary, we know! But trust me, by the time you have 6 months of wearing under your belt you will wonder what all the fuss was about!

But DO look through old threads for info rathetr than expct us to hand it out on a plate with no work on your own behalf. As you can see, some people here are tired of repeating themselves over and over every week. They want to save that behavoir for when they are retired and senile. So anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes, so, I like Extendabond tab tabs for the back and sides, ORWG for the.....
06-03-2012, 08:42 AM,
AWESOME INFO HERE!
hairenough yours inspired me alittle . if you dont mind me asking how old are you and how long have you been wearing.

Isnt it hard keeping it a secret i mean you even live with your girlfriend..
do you go to a salon and get it done or do it when your girlfriends not at home.

Im thinking to start off with going to a salon and then work my way to doing it my self.
06-03-2012, 11:43 AM,
No offence, but your same question gets asked on practically a weekly basis.
I'm bored of hearing myself answer it.
06-06-2012, 01:55 AM,
Tripz - 2 posts under your belt and you're already name-calling. That's not going to gain you much support here. Hersute is one of the most knowledgable and helpful contributors in the forum. I think he is just a bit tired of answering the same questions again and again when newbies don't bother to read through older posts or do a search. Sometimes the answers are even found just 6 or 7 threads back because they have been asked that recently!

To answer your question, I do my de-rebond when my girlfriend is at work. It used to take at least 2 hours but since finding Autoglym Tar Remover to clean my lace I only need 90 minutes from the moment I walk into the bathroom to the moment I walk out styled and ready to go. If you don't have a slot of time like that where your house is empty, you could say you are taking a nice long bath but actually use that alone time to do your de-rebond. Try not to make any strange noises while you work or people may think you are doing something else entirely.
06-06-2012, 05:13 AM,
If you can't get 2 hours of privacy each 5 days you should consider changing something of your life LOL!