Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 - a new year and time for a return and a change.
12-28-2011, 11:43 PM,
RE: 2012 - a new year and time for a return and a change.
Hey Kevin .. I was wondering where you had vanished to..... I`m not totally surprised at your [well-told] story..... this wearing game has so many `emotions` attached to it... sometimes a `false-start`can happen and maybe a person leaps before they are truly ready and psyched-up for it..... the wheel turns slowly, and it sounds like you are now in a better `place`to deal with it, so this time will be easier and your attitude now is correct..there`s no shame in wearing....it`s becoming very `normal`now and shouldn`t raise any eyebrows like it used to....I think all this stigma started back in the 60`s when those awful `rugs`first appeared...they were even advertising them on TV in Ireland at the time....lots of older guys went for them but you could spot them a mile away and they gave this whole wearing game a really bad image,especially when the guys obviously didn`t maintain them ....the mere mention of a `wig` would make people laugh....times and technology move on..thankfully we are now living in times when this is much easier and a lot cheaper and the internet has revolutionised our independence, so having dipped your toe in the water, you`re obviously now ready to dive in fully..... regards for a while, Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2012 - a new year and time for a return and a change. - Paul In Ireland - 12-28-2011, 11:43 PM