Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple Flaps (photos)
09-13-2009, 11:02 AM,
Re: Temple Flaps
Looks like you have the temple flaps thing nailed, Xeon005 - would love to see more pics and a more detailed description of how you achieve this.
09-13-2009, 03:47 PM,
Mr.Burns Wrote:You asked about the application - well here is a great tip that I have learnt from trial and error:
- apply the glue as if there were no flaps, just straight across the hairline
- apply the hairsystem
- now check the covered area for the flaps and apply glue to that exact area
- neatly press the flaps down into that area

This way is hassle free. It's very difficult to apply the entire piece + flaps to your head all at once and it can be messy, often requiring you to reglue the flaps if they ended up landing in the wrong place.

Ok that seems pretty simple. Thanks for the tip Mr Burns.
09-14-2009, 05:58 AM,
I attach my flaps now with got2bglued and not regular glue. that way its easy to remove and get out of my real hair. I have some overlap going on with the flaps because my hair is thin and dont want to shave that area, cause then id look funny wearing hats.
09-15-2009, 05:14 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:I attach my flaps now with got2bglued and not regular glue. that way its easy to remove and get out of my real hair. I have some overlap going on with the flaps because my hair is thin and dont want to shave that area, cause then id look funny wearing hats.

So you attach the temples with got2bglued? Do you just reapply daily?
09-15-2009, 06:06 AM,
Re: Temple Flaps (photos)
You could if you wanted to, its easy enough. But i dont have to redo them until like maybe 2 or 3 days. everyone is different though. Different body chemistry. The pictures I take I am not happy with. For some reason nothing looks as good in the pictures as they do in person. My temple flaps blend into pretty well considering what I am working with. I am blending them into thin sides. I make sure i pluck the hairs if i have to if the density is too high. otherwise they will stick out like a sore thumb.
09-15-2009, 06:19 AM,
Just to give an idea of where the flaps are and shape of system.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-15-2009, 10:58 AM,
wow xeon, these pics look awesome!! your piece looks like one of the best and totally seemless.
09-15-2009, 01:50 PM,
Thanks for the kind words. I honestly dont like the way my system looks in pictures. Not that they came out bad. I just feel like the camera makes things look a little worse than they do in person. But I think i do a good job achieving a certain style when I have to use temple flaps etc. I mean some guys we praise them for having the best look or pictures, but in reality, their situation is an easy one. There are guys with super thick side hair going all the way up, and solid temples. They can attach a little tiny piece on their head and everyone bows to them. I dont. They have it easy. lol. Its guy with a lot of recession a lot of thinning, trying to pull off the same styles that guys have with very thick side hair and temples. That to me is more of a true test, and I been working on it.
09-16-2009, 03:12 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Its guy with a lot of recession a lot of thinning, trying to pull off the same styles that guys have with very thick side hair and temples. That to me is more of a true test, and I been working on it.

And you've done a damn amazing job working on it, because I reckon you've absolutely nailed it!! As for me, yes I also have thin sides and no temple points, but I haven't put as much work into blending the flaps like you have - I just leave the hair a bit longer there and request a slightly lower density.

By the way, I also understand what you're saying about photos - most of my systems look sooooo much better in reality, and you wouldn't be able to pick out the same things as you would in photos. And a lot of the time, in the real world the lighting situations are a lot more forgiving even if you do make mistakes, e.g. going to dim lit restaurants, pubs or clubs for the evening... your hair will be 100% undetectable in those environments.
09-16-2009, 05:29 AM,
Thank you mr burns. Yeah Its always been a work in progress. You are exactly right. Some people take pics and they look better in the camera, some don't. But yeah for me Something about the zooming and lighting always makes things look different. even the hair color. My hair looks almost black in person, but when i take a picture with a flash it looks light brown. lol. Its so weird.

regards