Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple Flaps (photos)
09-11-2009, 11:10 AM,
Temple Flaps (photos)
I have weak temples. I was wondering how many of you have flaps on your piece and with what kind of results. thanks
09-11-2009, 11:37 AM,
Re: Temple Flaps
thatkid Wrote:I have weak temples. I was wondering how many of you have flaps on your piece and with what kind of results. thanks

I just made a template with temple flaps, this will be my first hp with the flaps. I have had trouble in the past with hp's because i have weak temple areas and a very large forehead, so I always had to wear my hair forward, and it hasn't looked very natural. I am hoping the temple flaps will solve this problem.
09-11-2009, 09:51 PM,
See this thread for photos of mine:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.toplace.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1454">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1454</a><!-- l -->
09-12-2009, 02:07 AM,
All my pics have temple flaps and the how to make a template thread shows them and the vent direction.
09-12-2009, 05:52 AM,
here are my temple flaps.

Attached Files Image(s)

09-12-2009, 10:19 PM,
wow looks great xeon, cool flaps Smile
09-13-2009, 01:43 AM,
Yo X, what density are those flaps?
09-13-2009, 05:59 AM,
I do not remember the actual number, but its better to go light density on the flaps. My flaps extend into my side hair quite a bit. its not just the part that is sticking out in the front. to get an even better effect i can comb or train those hairs to go down and to the side and they look even more realistic.

regards
09-13-2009, 06:07 AM,
Thanks Mr Burns your temple flaps look great.

Snipe: thanks for posting all that info about creating a template with temple flaps. I checked out some of your photos on the older forum and I love the hair bro. That pushed forward style is exactly what i'm trying to recreate.

Xeon: Thanks for posting that pic of your flaps. Looks really good and very undetectable. You said they extend pretty far into your sides. Does that make attachment difficult?
09-13-2009, 07:10 AM,
You asked about the application - well here is a great tip that I have learnt from trial and error:
- apply the glue as if there were no flaps, just straight across the hairline
- apply the hairsystem
- now check the covered area for the flaps and apply glue to that exact area
- neatly press the flaps down into that area

This way is hassle free. It's very difficult to apply the entire piece + flaps to your head all at once and it can be messy, often requiring you to reglue the flaps if they ended up landing in the wrong place.