Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Temple Flaps (photos)
09-16-2009, 06:09 AM,
Re: Temple Flaps (photos)
I agree with what you said, Xeon, about some guys having it a lot easier. Thick sides and good temple points and sides that go up high make for a much easier time with this process. I had non-existent temple points, very low sides, and very thin sides for my final few years as a topper wearer. Not to mention, I had to deal with color blending problems and a brittle texture to my own hair that made blending very difficult. But I still pulled it off.

By going to a full cap, I resolved most of these issues. With my full cap, I do find I have to cover the temple area by brushing forward a bit. It just doesn't look natural in that area otherwise. Xeon, did you have to do anything to get the hairline of the temple area looking so good?
09-17-2009, 05:36 AM,
Re: Temple Flaps (photos)
The only thing I had to do in the temple area, was keep the density down. Sometimes it was way too thick and i had to pluck out hairs and fuss with it till it blended in. I cut the hairs short and try to match what the temple hair should look like the best i can. combing the temple hair down and back seems to work well, but you can also comb them straight down or forward. If there are any gaps, or if something does not look quite right, I just spray a little pro thick on the area and comb it into the hairs. This helps with any gaps or color blends etc. Another thing that helps a little is the cut in. When i am buzzing my real hair, I try to make sure the blending where its very short, and where it gets longer on my head fits the point of the temple flaps. U just cant glue on a piece of thick long hair onto short thinning sides, otherwise its gonna look really weird.