Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
just done my template - is it ok?
03-08-2011, 06:08 AM,
RE: just done my template - is it ok?
It looks fine to me, Maybe the hairline could be lower a tiny bit, but that is more individual preference.
One question you should ask John, does the factory make the template to the line or to the edge of the plastic. Get what im saying? I usually try to have the end and line at the same place i want it just in case. It might depend on the factory.

They try to match the template as best as they can to the template, its not really a super perfect science anyway, its not gonna be EXACTLY like it to a millionth of an inch, but it will take on the same contour and size/shape etc. you just have to go with the look you want. the hairline seems ok to me. It depends more on what YOU want to have.

Sometimes an uneven shape or being irregular actually makes things look more real. Most likely they will make it more symmetric cause its easier to cut the lace that way.
03-08-2011, 07:02 AM,
thanks for your input, xeon and henry!

I think the height of my hairline is right. Like I said, I always had a high hairline.

I will ask John, which they take, the line or the edge.

About the density, I think a bit denser is better, because I'm still young. so maybe 65% ? Look at the pictures I posted in the beginning of this thread, to measure what density I need. If you need more photos, just ask.
03-08-2011, 07:49 AM,
Just make a note [in marker] on it and state it on your order `Make to actual template size/ignore black lines` ..that`ll avoid any possible confusion.
03-08-2011, 02:29 PM,
in the temple area, i made a smooth transition from piece to side area. You can see this in the both photos attached.

is this right/ok?

Attached Files Image(s)

03-08-2011, 07:53 PM,
Cool ..you`re ready to order now.
03-09-2011, 09:02 AM,
I think the less complicated the order the better off people are. Don't forget these people making these things are Chinese. If things are not explained to them perfectly they might not take all instructions into consideration. I would make the template in a way that they wont go by any lines etc. I think one time I made a template and I didnt want to take any chances so i colored the whole thing in LOL. I am not recommending that, but thats ocd for ya.
03-09-2011, 09:52 AM,
(03-09-2011, 09:02 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: I think the less complicated the order the better off people are. Don't forget these people making these things are Chinese. If things are not explained to them perfectly they might not take all instructions into consideration. I would make the template in a way that they wont go by any lines etc. I think one time I made a template and I didnt want to take any chances so i colored the whole thing in LOL. I am not recommending that, but thats ocd for ya.

Haha, I did that once too. I used the black marker and coloured the whole thing lol.
03-09-2011, 10:08 AM,
Yeah it`s a good suggestion guys.... as you say, people on the other side of the world `see`things a bit differently at times...
03-10-2011, 11:58 AM,
hahah. I thought iw as the only crazy bastid to do something like that. Yep i did the same thing colored the whole thing with magic marker, when i got the template back most of it was taken off of it, I am not sure if they need the template clear or not, or it just rubbed off on its own.. Very strange lol.