Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cold feet.... i need some motivation to get the cut in :(
02-23-2011, 10:12 AM,
cold feet.... i need some motivation to get the cut in :(
hey, i'm kinda nervous about the cut in, i guess its to do with the "taboo" of wearing, ive read many posts over the last few months and have found them helpfull, if anyone could write some positive comments or anything like that here, it think it could help me,
thanks guys Smile
02-23-2011, 11:43 AM,
RE: cold feet.... i need some motivation to get the cut in :(
(02-23-2011, 10:12 AM)tylerdurdan Wrote: hey, i'm kinda nervous about the cut in, i guess its to do with the "taboo" of wearing, ive read many posts over the last few months and have found them helpfull, if anyone could write some positive comments or anything like that here, it think it could help me,
thanks guys Smile

I did it 5 months ago or so.
The most psychologically traumatic thing was having her shave my thinning hair on top. I looked in the mirror and I wanted to scream LOL.
But after she taped the piece on and cut it in and blended it with my hair. . . I looked 10 years younger. No doubt.
What sucked for me was I was perspiring during the attachment process which made the front lift 2 hours later. . .
No problem. I calmed down and re-attatched. Was good for over 7 days.

I told my stylist that if I did not like this thing, I would just shave the rest sides and back off and that's ok.
She said: "You won't cuz you will love it".
She was right.

Things worked out for me because
1) I got a light density piece.
2) Color and wave was a great match with my hair.
3) I did my homework and studied these forums big time.
4) I had some time off from work.

I keep learning though.
I've tried all tapes/glues out there. What works for me is:
when I'm Lazy: Tape perimeter bond. With a strip down the middle
when I'm not lazy: tape sides and back middle. Glue ghost bond for the front.

Average de/re every 8 days. takes 30 minutes to casually have this done on my own.
Really, it's no big deal.

Most ppl did not say anything/notice. . .
My closest friends noticed and admitted it looks great.

You have nothing to loose.
It's completely reversible (just throw the piece away and shave)
No surgery.

Every 3-6 months u get new hair! U can get different style etc.
02-23-2011, 12:03 PM,
(02-23-2011, 11:43 AM)balamouti Wrote:
(02-23-2011, 10:12 AM)tylerdurdan Wrote: hey, i'm kinda nervous about the cut in, i guess its to do with the "taboo" of wearing, ive read many posts over the last few months and have found them helpfull, if anyone could write some positive comments or anything like that here, it think it could help me,
thanks guys Smile

I did it 5 months ago or so.
The most psychologically traumatic thing was having her shave my thinning hair on top. I looked in the mirror and I wanted to scream LOL.
But after she taped the piece on and cut it in and blended it with my hair. . . I looked 10 years younger. No doubt.
What sucked for me was I was perspiring during the attachment process which made the front lift 2 hours later. . .
No problem. I calmed down and re-attatched. Was good for over 7 days.

I told my stylist that if I did not like this thing, I would just shave the rest sides and back off and that's ok.
She said: "You won't cuz you will love it".
She was right.

Things worked out for me because
1) I got a light density piece.
2) Color and wave was a great match with my hair.
3) I did my homework and studied these forums big time.
4) I had some time off from work.

I keep learning though.
I've tried all tapes/glues out there. What works for me is:
when I'm Lazy: Tape perimeter bond. With a strip down the middle
when I'm not lazy: tape sides and back middle. Glue ghost bond for the front.

Average de/re every 8 days. takes 30 minutes to casually have this done on my own.
Really, it's no big deal.

Most ppl did not say anything/notice. . .
My closest friends noticed and admitted it looks great.

You have nothing to loose.
It's completely reversible (just throw the piece away and shave)
No surgery.

Every 3-6 months u get new hair! U can get different style etc.

Of course It's going to be allright dude!, I don't we gar yet, but I've seen son many people that wear (I live just by one of this places that cut etc and I always go and take a look for curiosity and it's great, and since Toplace is the best product in the world "or a lot of people say that", you will be much more than that),

also, my teacher wears!, he's got a REALLY short style... I mean he is in a class with over 200 students and I haven't heard anyone say anything... but I "that gets to look at other ppl hairs a lot" noticed that he had very thin temples (but great style, and I look for old pics of him, and he was with recession back then and now he's great.. I mean maybe he went into surgery but he is too perfect... I think he wears.. anyway he's great person and great looking)

Regards!
02-23-2011, 12:39 PM,
you'll be fine dude.
i know how it feels like, i was totally stressed out at first, but when i went in for the cut in, i knew it was gonna be a big deal when i see the hairdresser shave off my thinning hair. she even took away the mirror in advance but the minute she went out of the room i took a peak and i wasnt terrified. really, it was no big deal, maybe cause i had prepared myself for a bigger shock. the minute she attached the piece on me head, i had a lot of hair, so it was really really strange. of course i looked better but i was anxious to have it styled quickly in a proper manner. she cut it, but i kept asking her to go shorter and shorter... till i got it the way i liked it. i looked so great, and happy, i went outside of the salon feeling like a top model!

to be honest, that was the only time i went to a salon. i just do it myself nowadays and have a better result. but for the first time, i think it wouldnt be a bad idea to have someone else cut it for you, but pay attention and try to learn as much as possible.

at first i used to panic, thinkin people might realise that i wear and a lot of what ifs...

nowadays, i panic a lot less. i sometimes have people messing up my hair ... the more confidence you air the better, i promise you.

i have given the panic attacks so much thought that i nowadays think it like this:

- if someone's gonna ask me whether i wear (which is very unlikely) i say yeah (confidently); its not a big deal and trying to hide it will make it worse most probably. if i see a giggling response i'll just point out that he's not exactly god's best example of a natural being either. just for the record, i've never been asked whether i wear.
- if someone asks whether i've done anythin different with my hair (especially if they look suspicious) i'd go with 'no, but why? do i look better?' and if the questions keep bargin in, i say 'listen dude, if ya dont like it dont look at it, simples' and walk away. (i've been asked this when i made the plunge, but my response was 'yeah, a makeover, straightened and dyed my hair' ... cause ps. usually when you die your hair, the dye on the scalp will give you a fuller looking head of hair)
- if someone asks whether you've done anything differently (in general) just say 'yeah, a sex change' (i've been asked that today, and that was my answer, and it worked brilliantly... i said it confidently and we both had a laugh)

what i'm trying to say was... i used to be really scared of those questions when i started wearing but 10 months experience now, i look so much better, so undetectable, and so confident. And I don't even worry anymore, i mean, i still spend a lot of time trying to look good and do my best not to get busted... and sometimes i do get the bad-hair day but well, everyone does i suppose. if the odd person comes out and is very confident i am wearing, i might just tell him cause i dont really give a shit nowadays. we're living in an era where vanity is not just a lady's thang.

I was browsing through some old photos of mine with my girlfriend, and she told me 'god, you lookin hotter the more you age'. She's a fashion designer and she knows that I wear. Has absolutely no prob about it, prefers me this way. It's not like I'm recreating a different person, I'm just restoring what I've lost. It should be more shameful to have a breast implant, cause they had never had them (breast size) before. Big Grin So fuck it dude, fuck the taboo... and do your best to look and feel better.

If you are like me... you have 2 options:
1. Look at the mirror and hate what you see (bald head) and probably having co workers constantly joke about your shiny looking scalp to which you laugh on the outside, but hurts you constantly on the inside; or
2. Look at the mirror and feel happy with what you see (the new you), and having people not commenting about your bald spot anymore, but with the risk of having maybe the odd person asking you a question which might embarrass you (to which you can reply anyway you like).

Good luck dude, I've chosen number 2, and i can now say (after 10 months) that I'm convinced i've chosen the right road. It wasnt an easy road for me, and have thought of giving it up on numerous times, but i held on ... and its now lookin easier and easier.
02-24-2011, 06:29 AM,
Just keep in mind your goal. Are you happy with your hair the way it is right now? Do you want to improve upon your appearance? Well that is what you are trying to do. Just keep your goal in mind, and think of the positives of having a head of hair you can appreciate.
02-24-2011, 08:37 AM,
thanks guys, you are all correct in what your saying, i really appreciate the time it took you to reply to this message, some of the replies were nice and long, your rite, theres no harm in tryin it out anyway Smile i will let u know how i get on by the way Smile
02-24-2011, 10:03 AM,
hehe mrjoejohn. I have the same expierence. But i dont only think i am looking like a top model, I was also asked from a unknown girl if i am a model on new years eve. That never happend during my shaved time. Realy the best decission in my life.
02-24-2011, 10:05 AM,
I’ve been wearing for 4 months,since oct 2010,and have no regrets.
no one stares at my hair any more the way they did when i used concealers,
honestly everyone in particular, well only woman said , hey loving the hair,
now if that’s not testimony what is, society dosen’t tell you when you’re looking bad
but they sure do when you look good.
Biggest obstacle is and will be with us for years to come is the perception of the “wig”
And who wears,its an oudated perception, which actually plays into a wearers hands.
When I go out on the town, round the bars im confident as hell.
No ones ever asked me, about my hair.
I’m a pretty anxious kinda guy, hell if I can do it.
I see so many folk who could wear, I’d love to say hey ,
Especially woman with alopecia my heart goes out to them,
I’ll repeat my saying I sign off with.
“one life one chance to look your best and be your best, hell who wouldn’t want that”
02-25-2011, 03:26 AM,
I've never heard a customer say 'wearing hair was a big mistake--I never should have gotten into it.' Instead I often hear 'wish I had done this a long time ago.' It's tough getting started, especially shaving off thin hair that you've nurtured in the past, but it's worth it. It changes the way people view you and your self-confidence goes way up.
Regards,
John
http://toplace.com/