Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I Take the Plunge? (with pics)
02-02-2011, 09:13 AM,
RE: Should I Take the Plunge? (with pics)
I think the bit of sparse hair there would be best removed....2 reasons... it will continue to thin anyway, and secondly the partial itself will be more robust if it`s a bit less narrow... you might want to consider having the very front [where it will be more visible] done in swiss lace, and have the rest of it made of French lace..just a suggestion,as French is less delicate than Swiss. Hopefully some partial-wearers can chip in with a bit of advice/tips .... Paul.
02-02-2011, 12:45 PM,
Use a CC contour, look on Debbies site where she has tape for the shape.

Go for swiss lace, more delicate but better appearance and feel. That size shouldn't cost much, and you can even cut that size out of a topper.
02-02-2011, 02:08 PM,
Thanks for the advice everyone, I actually have an old toplace piece that I purchased to play around with that I'm thinking I could use. I have an additional question: would you guys recommend going to a stylist or could this be something I can do myself? I'd rather do it myself but obviously as a newbie I don't want to make any mistakes
02-02-2011, 09:49 PM,
drew100, concealers certainly have their place,and are brilliant when you’re looking for that density solution, and still have reasonable density to carry it off, but like me any many here.
things move on,i kinda was in denial and carried on using my concealer beyond what it was intended for ,it reached the point when there were tiny mounds of concealer with no hair to bond to.
so my advice being a partial wearer(topper)3 months+
is its time to take the next step,
any regrets, hell no!!!!!!
I’d say for your partial cut in go to a salon, or small independent if you can find one.
it would be great if you could find a fellow wearer via this forum in your area who could help you with the cut in bond etc.,

you’re next route is to get Debbie to do a cut in with your order.
bonding isn’t rocket science, the old adage "it’s easy when you know how" hell that’s certainly true.
long as you’ve got a great colour match, density.(the golden rules)
you'll find wearing a partial pretty much a breeze,
and if you haven’t got very oily skin, and dependant on the humidity could leave it bonded for up to 2 weeks max(for a healthy scalp, and easier clean up)
or bond and debond weekly.
you'll find you’re routine what works for you in no time.

"not one regret about taking the plunge,styling my hair just like the old days when i was younger if that makes any sense"
enjoy anty
02-03-2011, 03:23 PM,
(02-02-2011, 05:30 AM)drew100 Wrote: And I know alot of the older guys on this forum would tell me to wait but in all honestly when is the best time to wait before taking the plunge? I think if you attack early the transition is much smoother instead if you're fully bald. I attached a more wider pic that shows where I would shave and put a partial in. Once again, all advice is appreciated.

I started losing my hair at 16. All I can say is: I wish had started earlier. It would have saved me years of agony, and the switch would have been infinitely easier. If you've decided you're fine with the idea of wearing hair, don't procrastinate.

As for the partial, remember that you'll continue to thin. I'd definitely order the largest size possible for a partial, then just cut it to size. A piece that is too small can be cumbersome to handle or very prone to lift or detachment.

I'd recommend you have a stylist help you.
02-03-2011, 03:31 PM,
With these prices what do you have to lose?? That was my mentality when I first started, I was in the same boat as you back when I was 19. It was getting harder and harder to style my hair, and I ended up getting a small front partial that looked similar to yours. You can get a small partial for a good price, what do you have to lose? play around with it, experiment, and you might just love it and feel it has solved your problem. And in the future if you lose more hair you will know you have an option, that you wont have to suffer from the problem of hairloss again. You would have already familiarized yourself with a solution. I say go for it, give it a shot, this forum is great and will help you along the way.
02-04-2011, 06:42 AM,
Thank you so much for the responses gentlemen, I have definitely prepared myself for the concept of wearing hair and the commitment that goes with it. Just the idea of having a healthy hairline again gives me a warm tingle.lol. But I think I will begin wearing in another month or so. I am going on vacation during the last two weeks of this month so I think it might be best for me to make the switch after I return. Thanks again for the feedback and if there are any additional comments that people may have who have been reading this thread, feel free to post them
02-25-2011, 02:51 PM,
<Sigh> I used to have hair as nice as yours.