Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting a full cap
02-01-2011, 07:02 PM,
RE: getting a full cap
Hey andy,

The main disadvantage to going with a full cap is that you can't cut it as short in the back as you would growing hair. We have been able to get down below 1/4" but unfortunately I don't think that we will ever be able to do a full cap "fade".

There are other disadvantages as well but many of these are mitigated by positive aspects of full caps.

Henry's idea is great- order a full cap and see if you think it might work for you. Even if you have it cut-in you can still convert it to a partial as long as you leave enough length.
02-02-2011, 08:36 AM,
I now decided to start with a topper. If I want to, I always can change to a full cap easily.

can you have a part of the topper in the side-temple-area? Umm, I bet you don't understand what i mean. so normally you make a hairline in your template. the temple area is, where your hairline mets your sides. so the part of your sides, which mets your hairline, this is what I mean. can you have hair there again, as a part of your hair piece?

thx!

greets,

andy
02-02-2011, 12:39 PM,
(01-26-2011, 11:21 AM)FredTJ Wrote:
(01-25-2011, 08:57 PM)Henry Wrote: The thing about fullcaps, is that they are hard to wear if you wear them 24/7. The people that wear them are pretty open about wearing.
<SNIP>

And where did you get that conclusion from ?
Simply not true.

Fred

(01-27-2011, 05:57 AM)Ruulkasar Wrote: why should you be open with a fullcapp? You have the same with a topper, their is not much differences. The only thing that is harder is that you have a lot more space to attach.

(02-02-2011, 08:36 AM)andypokerface2010 Wrote: I now decided to start with a topper. If I want to, I always can change to a full cap easily.

can you have a part of the topper in the side-temple-area? Umm, I bet you don't understand what i mean. so normally you make a hairline in your template. the temple area is, where your hairline mets your sides. so the part of your sides, which mets your hairline, this is what I mean. can you have hair there again, as a part of your hair piece?

thx!

greets,

andy

Yes, they are called temple flaps. Most people have hair at their temples sticking out and then come back into their sideburns.

You can design your template any shape you want. If you order french lace or swiss lace, it is easy to cut the hairpiece to shape if it is too large.
02-03-2011, 09:17 AM,
umm, i just dont get it to make a template. i tried two times now.

i have long (thin) hair actually. my hair always lies over my hairline and my forehead. I think I need to comb my hair back with water.

a second problem is, that i always get bumps in my template. i actually only have tape which is not very wide. i think i have to order some wide tape.

a third problem is, my wrap is not big enough and i think i need to use two parts of wrap to cover my head.

depressing, coz i wanted to finish my template today.
02-03-2011, 10:53 AM,
Try watching this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqQssZ8_V5g

Spray water on your hair to flatten it down, before you put the wrap on your head. And yep, having wider tape makes it easier.

When I made my first template, I made the front to resemble a CC contour at the front, which looks like this,

http://www.uniquohair.com/sm_images/Walk...ontour.jpg

It makes the days, when I want to use tape instead of glue at the hairline, easier. Because you can get tape at precut sizes.

It's better to have the template a little big than too small, as with swiss/french lace, you can cut it to size.

Don't give up, it takes practice.