Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting a full cap
01-25-2011, 08:46 AM,
getting a full cap
hi there,

i want to get a full cap, because i like the idea more. are there any disadvanteges of full caps, which i don't know or is it the same like a partial mostly?

thx!

andy
01-25-2011, 09:07 AM,
RE: getting a full cap
It all depends on the style you want. Post a pic of a style you like.

The disadvantage, is the nape. Getting it to stick there, using blue liner helps.

Getting the sides and temples looking realistic,takes time, as it depends on the ventilation.

Longer styles are easy with a fullcap, shorter styles are harder. As you can't do grading, its hard to get a "sharp" look, and it has to be kinda messy if it is short.

It also depends on whether you are single or married. If I was married, I'd probably go for a fullcap, but because I'm single I'm sticking with the partial for now.
01-25-2011, 11:03 AM,
Just do a Google search for` JRob` ..he`s got his own site for Full caps...everything you want to know is there .. Paul.
01-25-2011, 08:57 PM,
The thing about fullcaps, is that they are hard to wear if you wear them 24/7. The people that wear them are pretty open about wearing.

I am not in a position where I can tell everyone I wear a hairpiece, and so for them to see with a piece one day, and not the next day. Is too much of a big step.
01-26-2011, 11:21 AM,
(01-25-2011, 08:57 PM)Henry Wrote: The thing about fullcaps, is that they are hard to wear if you wear them 24/7. The people that wear them are pretty open about wearing.
<SNIP>

And where did you get that conclusion from ?
Simply not true.

Fred
01-27-2011, 05:57 AM,
why should you be open with a fullcapp? You have the same with a topper, their is not much differences. The only thing that is harder is that you have a lot more space to attach.
01-27-2011, 10:16 AM,
I've worn a fullcap, but I went back to my original size.

Short fullcaps are hard to maintain, the back never looks as good as growing hair. Its to do with how it lays at the nape, and when you twist and turn your neck. Also you can't grade the back.

If I go for a fullcap again in future, I'd try out a 3/4 cap and leave some of my own hair at the back. And you can not beat a girl running her hands through your own hair at the back. It just feels good lol.

Longer hair fullcaps, are another story. They look good, so I'd go for this style in the future, if I lose more hair.

I had to change the fullcap more often, as I was exercising alot and doing martial arts. It felt more constrictive on my scalp. The lace felt more noticeable to the touch. But with a longer style, this wouldn't be as much of a problem.

I would wear the fullcap 24/7, so I wouldn't get much breathing space for my scalp. If I was more open about it, I could leave the fullcap off my head to give it a rest, and then put it on again when I felt about it. If I was in a relationship, I would go for this option, because I wouldn't be worried about her detecting lace, and I'd go for a longer style. But I'm currently single, and with my current size there is less chance of detection.

At the moment, my current size piece looks more natural than a short fullcap, because I can grade the back. But a longer style fullcap, would look better than if I grow my own hair longer. So, I'm planning for the future too, the fullcap is better than being bald. I decided to hold onto as much of my own hair as much as possible for now.
01-27-2011, 06:39 PM,
Hey, thank you guys!

For me, after getting more information now, the biggest problem about the fullcap is the girls factor. When you pick up girls and they want to run their fingers through your nape, then thats a problem. on the other hand, i dont like the idea of a topper that much like the idea of a full cap.

i still don't know where to go. the only thing i know is, i want a hair piece! Smile ^^
01-27-2011, 10:36 PM,
Can you post some pictures of what your hair looks like now? you can use something like paintshop to blur your face.

It's important to find what works for you personally.
01-28-2011, 02:57 PM,
Also, you could get a fullcap. Try it out over your existing hair.

If you don't like it, then you can cut it to shape for a partial.