Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A question to experienced wearers (Paul dig in :D)
10-15-2010, 04:36 AM,
RE: A question to experienced wearers (Paul dig in :D)
Hi again. I never heard of anyone doing that [leaving it in a bowl of water] I really don`t think that`s good for your system for many reasons but mainly because I reckon, you will weaken the lace -- you know what happens to any fabric if left in water like that --it will weaken/rot away eventually. The lace release has probably been absorbed ,to an extent ,by the lace now from putting on so much of it when un-tangling the hair, so yes, it will affect your bond for a while.I`d advise just cleaning your system normally and allowing it to dry naturally. I can`t imagine the glue on the tape would be sufficiently thick and gooey to seep through the lace --I`m fairly baffled ! Paul.
10-15-2010, 04:54 AM,
(10-15-2010, 04:36 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi again. I never heard of anyone doing that [leaving it in a bowl of water] I really don`t think that`s good for your system for many reasons but mainly because I reckon, you will weaken the lace -- you know what happens to any fabric if left in water like that --it will weaken/rot away eventually. The lace release has probably been absorbed ,to an extent ,by the lace now from putting on so much of it when un-tangling the hair, so yes, it will affect your bond for a while.I`d advise just cleaning your system normally and allowing it to dry naturally. I can`t imagine the glue on the tape would be sufficiently thick and gooey to seep through the lace --I`m fairly baffled ! Paul.

dont know i thought it was good to leave it in a bowl of water with shampoo for about 10 minutes... lol

otherwise, it could be due to lots of swimming and sun... have no idea really, quite baffled myself. have you never had hair tangled on a unit??
10-15-2010, 05:27 AM,
I mis -understood you... I was thinking you were leaving it in it for hours literally -- a few minutes is ok. I haven`t ever had that issue mrjoejohn -- many years back I had a little of it on an all -poly system but it was caused really I think from sleeping with it on and I used to use styling products too.Have never had it on any Toplace systems but then I only use a light bond,
as you know, and a poly perimeter on which I only put a few little strips of tape and de-bond it nightly -- am really interested to hear if anyone else has had that issue and did they realise what caused it ? Very `odd`. Paul.