Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hair Loss - Partial Hairpiece? (Pics)
10-01-2009, 03:03 PM,
Re: My Hair Loss - Partial Hairpiece? (Pics)
This fella had more recession and hairloss but its the same type of replacement, I did this for him at a convention at my place about 4 years ago :[attachment=2][attachment=1]

Attached Files Image(s)

10-01-2009, 03:10 PM,
Heres one Deb did at this years convention in England as you can see Deb shaved the front :

[attachment=1]

Attached Files Image(s)

10-02-2009, 07:42 AM,
Thank you for all your replies, it is much apprecited.

I am 25, so I do not feel that my current hairline is age appropriate - one option would be to shave my head, which looks great on some young guys - but believe me, I do not have the features to pull off a shaved head.

I could of course get a hair transplant, with the right doctor it would look excellent - but for how long? So a transplant is not an option at the moment, as I would have to go back every couple of years and get it fixed up as my hair loss progressed.

I don't have the guts to shave the 'island' portion off to try a hairpiece, as it would be rather embarrasing if the hairpiece did not look right.

Any partial that I wear would have to have temple flaps, because of the nature of my recession - but is it even possible to order anything like that? If I were to make two small templates for the factory to follow - or would I have to order a topper/full cap and then cut it up?
10-02-2009, 09:45 AM,
Anything you can design the factory can make. If you order two partials the factory would charge for two units so you'd be better off just designing one unit going from temple to temple and then cutting it to fit.
Regards,
John
03-12-2010, 01:45 AM,
Guys,

any update on this? Did you get your partial pieces? I'm in a similar situation and considering a small partial for the frontal hairline and temples (don't want to try a hair transplant)

Would like to know your experiences/results as we are having the same kind of problem...
03-16-2010, 03:32 PM,
I have seen quite a few small partial units over the years and can attest to the fact that they almost always look amazing.

I consulted a Toplace customer a couple of weeks ago who was going to shave off a large portion of his hair, but I advised him to instead start with two small partials to address the main issue he had, which was deep recession.

The hairline is the most important thing. They even told me that years ago when I got a consultation for hair transplants. All you have to do is fill in the areas that are "too far gone" and you will probably be very happy with the results.