Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Hair Loss - Partial Hairpiece? (Pics)
10-01-2009, 08:14 AM,
My Hair Loss - Partial Hairpiece? (Pics)
Hi everyone,

After a while here, I've decided to post pictures of my current hair loss - the most noticable aspect of my current hair loss is obviously the temporal recession, but the hair that remains on my head is certainly thinner than it was a few years back. I have to keep my hair quite short otherwise it looks a total mess - the only reason it doesnt look messy in the photo attached is because I'm just out of the shower!

It would be amazing if it were possible to reduce the temporal recession with a couple of small partial hairpieces; has anyone here achieved somthing like this with a similar amount of recession to mine?

Unfortunatley I think this will be a very difficult thing to pull off convincingly; as well as matching up to the frontal hairline, the hairpiece would have to blend convincingly with my side hair in a natural looking temporal point - it really is an art form.

Any advice in achieving this is much appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

10-01-2009, 09:26 AM,
Re: My Hair Loss - Partial Hairpiece? (Pics)
Dave,
There's a lot of readers on this forum that would kill to have your 'problem.' Some recession is natural with age so I think it depends on your age. If it's 'age appropriate' I wouldn't touch it. But that's your decision.
Regards,
John
10-01-2009, 10:05 AM,
No way are you ready to wear.

Even 2 small partials, no way, it's too early for you to get stuck with this game...
10-01-2009, 10:53 AM,
Thing is with that type of recession you have to get it done early or it is a dead give away if you dont

This is not the type of balding pattern that a concealer can be used, I always advise not getting a piece unless absolutely neccessary, But like I said with this type of hairloss it is better to do it sooner rather than later or people will notice the longer you leave it.
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM,
My hairloss is very similar to yours, even though I probably don't even have as much recession as you. I was thinking two partials but then thought this would be too much effort. So I am going with one partial piece that starts at the very front and goes to the recession points on both sides, and covers all that area. I will therefore be shaving off the hair in between the temporal recession points.

Obviously I have no idea as I haven't even got it done, but my line of thinking was that this recession is bothering me, people might say its too early to get it done, but if getting it done will make me feel better, what have I got to lose? At worst case scenario, I can always get rid of it.

So personally, I would recommend doing something, but it's up to you.
10-01-2009, 01:29 PM,
Well Hollywood celebs do this all the time, so they are not found out before it's too late (going bald that is). There's a lot of people that wait til there bald on top but personally I don't understand that. Once your hair deteriorates you should try and kill the monster while its little, whether by lotions, pills, concealors, hair transplants or pieces. I've tried everything but a HT, and thats not viable as the cost is too insane. So I too have hair like yours, a little more diffuse, and will try the piece route soon.

You could probably do once piece all the way across, blending may be difficult, give it a whack.
10-01-2009, 01:33 PM,
My concern also is the blending with a partial like this.

Was just after BA's opinion, do you see there being any problems with blending a piece like this or should it be all okay?
10-01-2009, 02:23 PM,
so the game of wearing a piece sucks that bad, huh.................?
he could also shave that island in the front and probably get an easier blend
10-01-2009, 02:37 PM,
Nah man, don't take any notice of me. I haven't started wearing yet, I'm just wondering if mine will blend. I am going to begin in February, so i'll let you know then. Probably better to ask the experts around here about it, not me.
10-01-2009, 02:39 PM,
And yeah, I will be shaving my "island" to get the best blend. I didn't want to go with two partials, I just wanted the one piece. Mine will go from the very front hairline back to the temple points, and will include that island and all hair in between the temple regions from side to side.