Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSB Hairline...
11-23-2009, 06:37 AM,
Re: PSB Hairline...
Xeon005 Wrote:I think the color was light. And it was knotted freestyle. The knots are very small. They look like split knots or something. They are small enough not to be much of a concern for me, But perhaps someone very anal wouldnt want knots.

Nice job, that is the style that I am trying to achieve. I just ordered a new piece. This will be my first one with temple points, i'm hoping I have hit a home run.
11-24-2009, 07:22 AM,
Hey, I cut the systems in myself now. I use a buzzer and a pair of thinning sheers.

I never get stock systems because I need an irregular shape hairline. i use temple flaps to narrow the width of my hairline. I think that is a dead giveaway when people have a low forehead and a very wide one at the same time. Does not look natural.

I just think that my camera does not show what the system looks like in person. Like in person the style looks better and you can see more of the scalp so it looks more natural. The only thing i give myself credit for is learning how to cut in the system myself and how to manage temple flaps to give me the style I want. And not be forced to have a hairline of a 60 yr old because of my receding temples.
11-24-2009, 11:23 AM,
Xeon005 Wrote:Hey, I cut the systems in myself now. I use a buzzer and a pair of thinning sheers.

I never get stock systems because I need an irregular shape hairline. i use temple flaps to narrow the width of my hairline. I think that is a dead giveaway when people have a low forehead and a very wide one at the same time. Does not look natural.

I just think that my camera does not show what the system looks like in person. Like in person the style looks better and you can see more of the scalp so it looks more natural. The only thing i give myself credit for is learning how to cut in the system myself and how to manage temple flaps to give me the style I want. And not be forced to have a hairline of a 60 yr old because of my receding temples.

Is your density around 65%?? Any other tips that you could share with me about the temple flaps? Thanks for your time.
11-24-2009, 02:45 PM,
I'm new here so I have to ask, what is a temple flap or how did you achieve that hairline? I agree w/ you 100% and am looking forward to getting out of contract.
11-25-2009, 06:56 AM,
I have to check, I am not sure I remember the exact density this piece is. I just know it looks like a medium density. I will see if i can find the info. About the temple flaps. I recommend getting them in a light density not too thick, because they have to blend into your sides. I cut them short, and if it doesn't blend i use thinning sheers and pluck some hairs out by hand to lower the density if needed. Im pretty satisfied with the flaps and I have learned to blend them in nicely. One good thing I always have handy is some dermmatch or some prothik spray. It really helps with blending if there are any gaps, or density issues. So i sometimes do minor touchups with dermmatch when needed to get a good blend.
11-25-2009, 08:33 AM,
Thanks for the response xeon.
11-26-2009, 05:51 AM,
Kewlguy,

Temple flaps are things people use to make them appear to have hair on the temple area (sides of their heads). Just imagine an extra flap coming down from your piece, which covers the sides of your forehead a bit.