Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSB Hairline...
11-17-2009, 03:44 PM,
PSB Hairline...
Earlier I did a search for "PSB" and 18 pages of results came up. I read each entry from the 18 pages that had the word "PSB" in it. Here is a recap of the important factors I found (in my opinion):

1) PSB = easy clean up, no fuzzy hair being pulled out from underneath the base.
2) PSB = can be attached with Got2BeGlued ...again, easy clean up (because the hair doesn't touch the adhesive used, no residue in hair)

These 2 things are pretty much the majority of people's consensus. However, people had a mixed opinion on the hairline, which is what I'm really interested in. In trying to find answers regarding hairline, I think I'm more confused now than before the search.

BA posted this picture of his hairline (it's a PSB front) [Image: file.php?id=402]
To me, this looks amazing. Absolutely clean and amazing.

So if PSB fronts look like this, then why are there people saying PSB will have "hairline issues"? I know about other complaints such as: PSB being hot, makes crunchy noises, is touch-detectable along edges, etc. These things are fine to me. Again, I've narrowed my curiosity to just the hairline. Please enlighten me.
And please don't make guesses (sorry if this sounds harsh). It's just that I'm interested in those who have experience with PSB hairlines. Close up pictures would be super.

Thanks everyone!

Leamon
11-18-2009, 02:23 PM,
Re: PSB Hairline...
Hmmm... seems like PSB hairline is somewhat of an uncharted territory? Big Grin
11-19-2009, 03:10 AM,
If you are concerned about the PSB hairline there's another option. We have several customers that like to order their PSB units with 1" of French lace or SFS in front. There is no extra charge for this. You get the ease of PSB with the undetectability of lace.
11-19-2009, 03:18 AM,
John, the 1" of lace in front, is there hair on it, or is it just lace?
11-19-2009, 04:23 AM,
There is hair on it for 1" plus the extra usual bare lace that the customer trims off.
11-19-2009, 07:59 AM,
Psb is a good base but the hairline edge is visible.Everthing you researched is correct.
11-19-2009, 08:07 AM,
From my experience, when you combine materials (i.e., lace front with PSB back or the reverse), you sometimes run into trouble because the hair is inserted differently between the 2 materials. In those cases, it doesn't look right. Also, if your density is too light, you can see the contrasting base materials.
11-19-2009, 11:44 AM,
You really cant go by pictures fully. Things could look much worse in pics than they are in person, or look better in pics then they are in person. I have a skin piece, Its not the thinnest skin out, but its somewhere in the middle. For the front hairline its not bad surprisingly. Sometimes its as invisible as lace. Sometimes I like it better than lace because u dont see any grid patterns at certain lighting conditions. Why skin looks better on some people and not others, i am not sure. Maybe its the way they attach it, what kind of glues/tape they are using, and maybe it has something to do with skin color as well. For me personally its pretty good. And i havent even tried the thinnest skin thats out yet.
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM,
Personally I would not use skin for anything but a backup unit. If you want something you can throw on quickly it's great, but there is no substitute for lace when it comes to making it invisible to touch and sight.
11-19-2009, 06:05 PM,
Thank you for your time in helping me with this guys. I truly appreciate all the input.

Leamon