Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
handling a certain social situation
01-05-2009, 09:25 AM,
Re: handling a certain social situation
dino Wrote:I have a group of friends who hang out together a lot, men and women all in their mid to late 30's, some of whom are thinning and most of whom are greying. I have never told them I wear, and I don't think they suspect me of wearing (but you never know for sure). Every few months while sitting around the table eating a meal, one of them will bring up the subject of greying. Then they take turns showing their gray hairs. I always start to get anxious when this happens. At age 39, I am wearing a full cap and haven't had gray hair put in yet. So I am the only one in the group without any gray hair. I will usually say I have a little gray but I use Just for Men. Sometimes someone will say that I'm lucky I still have all my hair. I say I know I am. But inside I feel nervous, because I don't know if they suspect me to be wearing. Is it okay on my part to handle it the way I do? Or do I owe some level of truth?

This is the kind of thing that happens that cause hair wearers to "suddenly need to go to the bathroom": When this kind of thing happens to me and I am called "lucky" (and have been ) to have all of my hair I always say something along the lines of "Yeah money can indeed buy some things" or " Don;t believe everything you see" Which naturally leads to a conversation about hair and wearing hair and bad hair and mostly surprise which is always followed by a handful of the more follicle challenged to show extra interest. I have been told more than once it is EXACTLY THE GRAY that makes it look real because most of the toupees people see are highlight less mats of flat hair on older men's heads. Don;t run from some gray. It might be what saves you from being suspected at all.

People soon forget and move on to politics or religion LOL. But in my case usually there are a few in the social circle who know I wear anyway..
I really could care less what people think about me wearing or not wearing. I care about how I feel about me when I'm wearing depending on where and why.

Transplant victims are far more obvious yet don;t seem to mind becasue it's their own biology I guess.

Messages In This Thread
handling a certain social situation - dino - 01-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Re: handling a certain social situation - TomBongi - 01-05-2009, 09:25 AM