Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One month of wearing and...(pics)
01-06-2009, 11:47 AM,
Re: One month of wearing and...(pics)
Tapehead Wrote:Looks good obviously.

My only comment would be that you have the usual straight-forward venting in the temples that often shows up. It's subtle, but I think it would look even more natural if the backward direction of your hairline extended more into your temples.

Thanks for the comment Tapehead, yes I do notice that sometimes too. I will try to address this problem in my next piece.
01-06-2009, 12:17 PM,
Outrageous
01-06-2009, 01:14 PM,
Wow....that looks super good.

leamon Wrote:1. Use styling products. Psychologically people tend to think of hair pieces as dry "rugs"that just lay flat on the head...by getting the hair wet or looking wet (with gel) it gives the impression that it is your own, that you control it...people will think "who would style a rug?"

Without styling products I wouldn't be wearing.

In addition to the fact that I prefer the way it looks with product in the hair, it helps to cover flaws. No matter how good your piece is, there are days when it just doesn't want to act right. Tame that hair with product! Wax, gel, putty, even a little mousse....

I don't always wear a spiky hairline which a lot of people do to improve the illusion. I achieve a similar effect with products. Combine the two and you have a killer combo.

Quote:2. Use Dermatch for touchups. There are parts in front where I use Dermatch (be careful it stain in ways you wouldn't want it to stain your piece. You have to experiment). I also use Dermatch on the sides (temple hair). Side hair should always be darker than the hair on top, thin sides is always suspicious. There was a thread/topic about "wide foreheads"...what makes foreheads appear wide is the lack of temple hair. That sharp angle (like one tip of a triangle) is very important in attaining a youthful look. Play with a little Dermatch and see what you can achieve. It's cheap too...less than $30 will last you months.[/quote

Dermmatch is definitely a must have. I actually had an idea for another concealer type product that would help you cover flaws and even get a couple more weeks out of a piece. Can't let the cat out of the bag yet, but hopefully I can start working on it when the rest of this stuff gets rolling.

Quote:Also, leave your hair longer so you can style in ways no one would guess you would be able to do with "rugs."

Definitely a good point, but this can go the other way as well.

When people think "wig", they think of a pile of unstylable hair about an inch and a half or two inches long. They don't think you can have a wig that is shorter or longer. Both can increase the realism, long is MUCH easier to pull off and is highly recommended for beginners.

Quote:One more thing. Don't be afraid to go thinner in front if it's spikey. Don't be afraid to shape the hairline yourself by plucking out hair here and there. Good luck!

You bring up a great point.

You don't want to go back any more than you have to, but I have had great success with plucking to create my own custom hairline. Matter of fact, I was in a hurry the other day when I cut back the hairline by about 1/8" and I didn't have time to pluck any hair, so I have a WALL of hair that I need to attend to next removal. I wear a longer comb down style right now so it isn't an issue, but I'm going to have this unit cut shorter so I need to get it taken care of.

A newbie who is already doing base modifications....you're gonna be a pro in no time!
01-06-2009, 04:27 PM,
JRob Wrote:Without styling products I wouldn't be wearing.

In addition to the fact that I prefer the way it looks with product in the hair, it helps to cover flaws. No matter how good your piece is, there are days when it just doesn't want to act right. Tame that hair with product! Wax, gel, putty, even a little mousse....

I take the exact opposite approach. I have no interest in hair that's crunchy, stiff, greasy, or anything because of products. I like the soft, clean, and dry look and I would submit that women generally agree. As long as you keep the density light enough to be able to see scalp where appropriate, you don't lose anything in terms of realism. Lower density also makes the hair less unruly and less likely to need any products once the knots settle in.
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM,
Confusedhock: Confusedhock: Confusedhock:
Thats just incredible mate.. What a great hairline. Great job for a newbie. I'll pbly get my two pieces in the next couple of weeks and hope I go OK. Good luck champ.
01-07-2009, 04:05 AM,
wow that hairline is tops
01-07-2009, 06:37 PM,
this is great you know i have been thinking about it .... my next order i and going to ask for flat back spikey ventilation.. i am not liking the fact that hair tends to go forward.... i am also thinkign of trying anout skin flat back.. yours look great
01-09-2009, 07:41 AM,
That has to be the BEST AND MOST REALISTIC FRONT
Hairline I've seen by someone wearing a piece ...

If I didn't know it was a piece ... I'd just be jealous ....

You know ... some of these hairdressers that can't find
a salon that would hire them ... are not doing so well financially
... or starting out in the industry ....

They could make a lot of money by studying these posts
and catering to the hair wearing crowd ... ....

And they'd also sell more pieces for companies like Toplace
01-12-2009, 05:18 AM,
looks fantastic. Pics like this really give me hope that going the wearing route is the right one. Is that really a hairline in a piece? or your own hairline :?: with a topper behind it?
01-12-2009, 01:53 PM,
Are you bald?No way that is a hair unit.This is a trick.