One month of wearing and...(pics)
01-06-2009, 06:52 AM,
One month of wearing and...(pics)
I'm loving it! It hasn't ran away from me yet :lol:

After a month of wearing, here's what it's looking like:
[Image: mys2.jpg]

With flash:
[Image: mys1.jpg]

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics. I'll post up outdoors pics (in natural lighting and settings soon)

Leamon
01-06-2009, 07:03 AM,
Re: One month of wearing and...(pics)
Thats a great hairline
01-06-2009, 08:14 AM,
Nice hairline! Can you tell me what you ordered. Looks like a good density.
01-06-2009, 09:00 AM,
Leamon,
Great job! So realistic!
Regards,
John
01-06-2009, 09:15 AM,
WOW! That looks terrific!
01-06-2009, 09:33 AM,
Totally not fair!
That looks super. What are the specs.?
01-06-2009, 09:54 AM,
That hairline looks fantastic!
01-06-2009, 10:22 AM,
I could swear some of you guys aren't really wearing. Big Grin
Fantastic!
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM,
wiggy Wrote:Totally not fair!
That looks super. What are the specs.?

Thank you for everyone's kind words. I think it's very encouraging to hear positive (and sincere) comments from you guys. Being wearers, I know we can pick out faults easily, so it's truly encouraging that you guys left such comments.

My specs are 60% density about 1/4" in front then 70% density everywhere else. My next piece I would go 60% 1/2". The key is to have spikey ventilation, since our natural hair sticks up out of our scalp and falls down only because they're long. This piece I had only the front to be spikey (the next piece, I'm gonna get it spikey everywhere).

I followed the advice of someone who is pretty pro in hear wearing (Jrob) to achieve a realistic look:

1. Use styling products. Psychologically people tend to think of hair pieces as dry "rugs"that just lay flat on the head...by getting the hair wet or looking wet (with gel) it gives the impression that it is your own, that you control it...people will think "who would style a rug?"
2. Use Dermatch for touchups. There are parts in front where I use Dermatch (be careful it stain in ways you wouldn't want it to stain your piece. You have to experiment). I also use Dermatch on the sides (temple hair). Side hair should always be darker than the hair on top, thin sides is always suspicious. There was a thread/topic about "wide foreheads"...what makes foreheads appear wide is the lack of temple hair. That sharp angle (like one tip of a triangle) is very important in attaining a youthful look. Play with a little Dermatch and see what you can achieve. It's cheap too...less than $30 will last you months.

Another tip is...show your hairline. The number one thing people watch out for (in guessing who wears) is the hidden hairline. I heard someone in this forum say that Illinois governor Rod Blagojevich wears because that person can't see Blagojevich's hairline. Although he doesn't wear (fact), it makes people wonder.

So show your hairline, if it doesn't look right then change the shape by making yourself a template using Saran wrap and duct tape! Also, leave your hair longer so you can style in ways no one would guess you would be able to do with "rugs."

Hope these tips (spikey ventilation, Dermatch, styling products, longer hair) help! I'm learning alongside you guys as well!

Leamon

One more thing. Don't be afraid to go thinner in front if it's spikey. Don't be afraid to shape the hairline yourself by plucking out hair here and there. Good luck!
01-06-2009, 11:27 AM,
Looks good obviously.

My only comment would be that you have the usual straight-forward venting in the temples that often shows up. It's subtle, but I think it would look even more natural if the backward direction of your hairline extended more into your temples.