Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much should a cut-in cost?
01-12-2009, 01:35 PM,
Re: How much should a cut-in cost?
Ok heres a idea for Debbie and the rest of us.What if Debbie did a big city cut in tour?Heres my idea on how
this will work.Lets say Debbie gets 20 people to sign up for a digital file cut-in in New York.She will spend
one hour with each person,no more.She will video tape your cut-in,take notes and what ever else is needed.
She may even be able to have a foam head for each user.Now when you order a new Toplace unit its sent
direct to Debbie,where she can do a near perfect cut-in.She has you on file,knows your head,etc.I would pay
a one time fee of say$200.00 for this.Think about it,it would be great.She would only do this for at the very
least,10 people for a day.Its only a thought.
01-12-2009, 02:55 PM,
Meandean;
I would LOVE to do something like this...but to be honest, we have offered similar things and just didn't get enough interest. we give FREE conventions every few months and don't get 20 people to come and the haircuts are less than $50. I do exactly what you said in your post at EVERY convention for people...for less than $50. (so people are not going to pay $200 each for the same thing they get at a free convention).
If I thought there was enough interest, I would do it.....so if anyone really wanted something like this, shoot me an email..........but I'm pretty sure we would not come up with enough interest to even cover my expenses.
DebbieS.
01-13-2009, 07:12 AM,
I think though with the conventions, A lot of people probably do not go to the conventions because they do not want to be on display. I could understand. you will be in a room full of people who are going to analyze and scrutinize you and your hair system. Alot of people wear in secret too, and maybe do not have the confidence or comfort to be open with a bunch of people about wearing hair. Perhaps if it was something smaller and more discrete and focused, There would be a higher turn out. What would be the minimum turn out you would need to travel to a location? I mean it would have to be in her best interest financially. Plus she has to take a risk if someone doesnt show up, or cancels.
01-13-2009, 07:22 AM,
$130 sounds "above market" to me, even in a high rent city. But maybe you're good and you are the only one within 100 miles that can do a decent job?

It all comes down to they can quote you whatever price they want and you can say yes or no. I don't see it as taking advantage of anyone. Would I pay that much? Probably not, but I won't automatically say that someone is getting ripped off if they are paying that much either.

In a way I feel similarly about the chain salons. Granted, I never had the displeasure that some of you have had of dealing with them, but nowadays if people don't get on the internet and do their own research, whose fault is it? Again, i wouldn't be wearing if I had to pay $3000 a year to have hair on my head, but it obviously works for some people. I think the fortunate ones who aren't the DIY type are the ones who find people like Debbie where they can get high quality and excellent service without breaking the bank.

Gotta do your homework. Nobody is holding a gun to your head!
01-13-2009, 04:08 PM,
If she gets a no show its a $100.00 no refund.You do bring up a good point,many people would like it
to be private.The key point,you will be getting a world class service that will save you thousands of
dollars in the long run.Toplace is growing,unlike our real hair, at a fast clip.In time,this could be huge
for Debbie.Get 9 people signed up Debbie and I will be the 10th.You could also show a guys wife or friend
how to do the fine tune-in with blending,etc! Now this is getting better.BA could also maybe throw in a
10% off deal for all who sign up.Blue Max also could do this.Debbie could have a few Toplace units on display,
lace,skin,full caps,etc.She could cover a lot in one hour.The whole thing could be taped,so she has a record and you
do.Debbie could burn a cd for very low cost or just send it using the internet.No person on planet earth has
a service like this that I know about.Think about it.