Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Toplace unit sold itself in 3 seconds!
02-06-2009, 03:24 AM,
Re: My Toplace unit sold itself in 3 seconds!
On the positive side, I haven't had a colour matching issue with Toplace for a long time now. My last four or five systems were perfect, so things definitely seem to be better at the factory regarding colour. Just make sure to send a sample with every order, and maybe some photos of the style/density you want. This is very important.
02-06-2009, 05:03 PM,
Johns right, People match it to the colour ring then complain, You want one you can have one but be assured there wont be any return if it is indeed matched to the colour on the colour ring.
02-07-2009, 02:20 PM,
BA707 Wrote:Johns right, People match it to the colour ring then complain, You want one you can have one but be assured there wont be any return if it is indeed matched to the colour on the colour ring.

Sounds good to me. Thanks!
02-07-2009, 05:28 PM,
Color rings are great for full caps or highlights, but when I tried to use one to match my own hair for a topper it didn't work out. And this was using TWO sets of eyes, in direct sunlight. When my hair was finally long enough to send a sample they did a fantastic job of matching it.
02-08-2009, 08:40 AM,
JRob Wrote:Color rings are great for full caps or highlights, but when I tried to use one to match my own hair for a topper it didn't work out. And this was using TWO sets of eyes, in direct sunlight. When my hair was finally long enough to send a sample they did a fantastic job of matching it.

Natural hair is on average one shade lighter on top due to the way sunlight hits the top of the head and fades it faster. As a result, the most accurate way to match a topper from the color ring is to order one shade lighter than your existing hair. Same is true for dying a piece and is the reason many of the pro's recommend dyeing a shade lighter on the top to replicate real hair. My actual hair color is a #5 on the New Image Color Ring but #5 on an actual topper appears off. A #6 is nearly an exact match though. Unless the hair is sun bleached, these minor color variations are completely imperceptible but are extremely important to have for an accurate color match, especially with certain shades. It is great to hear the Toplace factory has been doing a good job with this. Smile
02-09-2009, 06:40 AM,
Thats how i do it also wantmorehair.I go one click lighter on color.I also sometimes have two colors mixed.
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM,
Meandean Wrote:Thats how i do it also wantmorehair.I go one click lighter on color.I also sometimes have two colors mixed.

I haven't had the opportunity to mix two colors yet but have always wanted to. I bet that brings realisim to a whole new level. What percentages and shades have you found work the best i.e 50/50 of a shade lighter & darker.....ect.?