Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Toplace unit sold itself in 3 seconds!
02-03-2009, 02:08 PM,
My Toplace unit sold itself in 3 seconds!
I just saw a long lost person and he said ,his exact words"I want your hair"! This guy knows I wear hair
but the last time he saw me I had road kill on my head.When I told him the price he was silent,like his
heart stopped.The cool thing is I have a Toplace color ring at home he can use to match the color.
The one thing I did this time was use a product called Youth Hair to kill the real gray on the sides, and the
product works great.I know its unsafe,but ....I use it.
02-03-2009, 02:15 PM,
Re: My Toplace unit sold itself in 3 seconds!
I have been interested in geting a color ring for a while but thought they weren't available how do you get one? Do you have to buy them? If so how much? Thanks.
02-03-2009, 02:23 PM,
They cost like $40 dollars range.I bought it when I first found Toplace.I am sure BA can get more.
They are very handy to have.When a new unit comes in you can make sure its the right color from
the factory,and you can tell when your unit needs color,just match ring color and its easy .
02-03-2009, 04:41 PM,
Thanks for the heads up. I will check with BA. Have fun looking great with your new piece Smile
02-03-2009, 09:45 PM,
Thats interesting.. I would love to get my hands on the colour ring toplace uses because it would save me sending samples with each order.
02-04-2009, 04:10 AM,
Well BA ... Your clients have just given you another profitable
item you can add to TopLace's inventory .... Because if you
stocked them, I'd pick up one myself ....
02-04-2009, 12:11 PM,
I checked with John a while back and he told me the factory doesn't like sending them out. Maybe purchasing them is another story. BA can you chime in here, and help us purchase some color rings? By the way what color scale is the new factorory using? Is it New Image?
02-04-2009, 12:27 PM,
That's true, the factory doesn't like to send out color rings because people don't use them properly. Many times they're not in the right sunlight (natural sunlight) and they get the color wrong. The factory prefers a hair sample. If you've sent one in over the last year your fine--you don't need to send it again. However, if it's been over a year it's a good idea to send it a new sample.
Regards,
John
02-05-2009, 03:51 AM,
This has been my personal experience so please understand I share this advice constructively. I have only ordered stock from Toplace and dyed to match but can say as far as custom color matching is concerned, I have had to return units back from just about every supplier I have ordered from due to color mismatching issues. In some situations, even two or three times for the same unit. This has been with VERY selective ordering from highly reputable suppliers.

I consider Toplace to be an excellent company and would go so far as to say one of the best companies I have had the pleasure of dealing with in this industry. As far as I can tell, it is managed by some really genuinely good people, yourself included John, but honestly, there is a lot of subjectivity when it comes to color matching and I can say with absolute certainly there has not been one factory that has done as consistently as good of a job as I have done by myself with a color ring in hand nor would I expect them to due to the very high production requirements that are undoubtedly placed on these factories not to mention the varying levels skill and experience among factory workers. Sometimes they get it right, other times they don’t but without a color ring your customers have no control over the process and many of us do not have the luxury of sending the pieces back and waiting weeks for the factory to get it right a second or even a third time. Based on some of the past comments I have read, there are many others that share these same concerns. Probably the most recent example was Mr. Burns who recently commented that he sometimes has to return his pieces to get the color right and he is probably one of the most enthusiastic supporters of Toplace you can find.

As far as using the color ring in the correct lighting, let’s not let the factory sell the whole Toplace community short, this forum has by far some of the brightest, most experienced individuals in DIY hair that I have ever encountered and I think it would be really short sighted for the factory to assume we couldn't match our own hair color from a ring in proper lighting when we routinely attach, maintain, adjust and sometimes even repair our own systems in just about every facet of hair wearing imaginable.

Please keep in mind I share these thoughts with everyone’s best interest in mind and think it would make a great deal of sense to consider at least offering the color rings to your customers as an option for a set price or based on a return deposit. I honestly can’t think of one supplier who does not offer this service except for Toplace. Toplace excels in just about every aspect if not for this one key area. Case in point, since ordering a ring from another supplier and discovering my correct color number with them, I have not had one unit I have had to send back for color mismatching. I would not hesitate to send Toplace some of my custom orders if I had the benefit of ordering from the ring or at least knowing your factory uses the same color scale.

All the best John, and thank you in advance for keeping an open mind to our suggestions.

ToplaceUSA Wrote:That's true, the factory doesn't like to send out color rings because people don't use them properly. Many times they're not in the right sunlight (natural sunlight) and they get the color wrong. The factory prefers a hair sample. If you've sent one in over the last year your fine--you don't need to send it again. However, if it's been over a year it's a good idea to send it a new sample.
Regards,
John
02-05-2009, 05:31 AM,
Wantmorehair,
Your point is well taken. I agree that overall the Toplace customers are some of the saviest you'll find anywhere when it comes to DIY hair care. But not all the customers are at the same level. I'm just echoing what the factory has told me. There have been customers that ordered off the color ring and then when they receive the unit found out that the color is 'off.' I send it back to the factory for a re-do and they say 'sorry, we made it according to the color number that was specified in the order.' This happens more often than not. That's why it's best to send in a hair sample.
Regards,
John