Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
03-22-2011, 11:44 AM,
RE: calling all tl 700 users (close up photo)
be easy with the hair, the looped hair can have a tendency to shed
03-28-2011, 04:54 PM,
(03-22-2011, 11:44 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: be easy with the hair, the looped hair can have a tendency to shed

I've been using a robocut to cut my hair and the piece.
yesterday I did my skin base attachment Gbond. I used one layer on the piece and 4 on my perimeter/front and a bit down the middle.
I found a very reputable salon in my area and went in for them to cut my hair and the piece. I did not make appt. and just walked in.
My hair stylist was very friendly. He asked me what I wanted done.
I told him that 5 months ago I shaved my thinning hair and I'm wearing a looped polyskin piece. He was amazed.
They shampoed and conditioned all the hair. The stylist took 40 mins to cut the hair (mine and piece). He was handling the scissors like a magician. After chatting with him a bit, I fell asleep in the chair.
When it was over, I looked in the mirror and I could not believe how good I looked. The guy did an insane job on my head. He gave me a brushback hairstyle and told me to be bohemian with my hair. Bohemian means to put a little product and toss my hair back and let the hair fall where it wants to. No part on side, no need for a brush.
I asked him if it looks good in the hairline and if it is believable.
He said it looks amazing and if it did not he would have absolutely said something!
Cost: 45usd + 20tip(I should have just given him 100 and said thank you)
Conclusion:
I've never been to a "salon" that is top notch. I'm totally blown away from the experience and the result. I'll use the robocut now only as a last resort. This fellow texturized (donno wat that means) the blending area. I seriously don't know which hair is mine and which one's the piece. I haven't looked this good in 15 years. . .

Concerns:
Since it's winter, I have not had any uncomfortable experience wearing a skin piece. I'm concerned about when the weather is gonna get hot.
But for now, I dont even feel that I'm wearing anything LOL.
As far as hair snapping off etc. I live a normal life. I don't wrestle or get into hair pulling matches. So far so good.

For newbies sitting on the fence:
If your hair is thinning and it's pissing you off. Get a piece from here,
Shave/attatch it and walk over to the "salon". You will feel like a million bucks. Every time I go to the bathroom, I look at myself and say "damn". Problem fixed. Now I have to loose a few pounds LOL.
I wish toplace had a pill for that.
04-01-2011, 07:25 AM,
(03-28-2011, 04:54 PM)balamouti Wrote:
(03-22-2011, 11:44 AM)Xeon005 Wrote: be easy with the hair, the looped hair can have a tendency to shed

So my hairline was a bit dirty. I soaked some tissue with alcohol and rubbed the front a bit too thoroughly and vigorously.
Now the edge of the skin is more visible.
I realize now that it is important to allow the 4 layers of gbond on my head to go past the measured spot. Like 1/8 of inch.
When the skin piece is sunk in. The edge sinks in this pillow of glue.
Making it invisible. Next time I will clean the dirt off the edge with more care!
Just wanted to share this
So far I'm liking the skin units

I've been using a robocut to cut my hair and the piece.
yesterday I did my skin base attachment Gbond. I used one layer on the piece and 4 on my perimeter/front and a bit down the middle.
I found a very reputable salon in my area and went in for them to cut my hair and the piece. I did not make appt. and just walked in.
My hair stylist was very friendly. He asked me what I wanted done.
I told him that 5 months ago I shaved my thinning hair and I'm wearing a looped polyskin piece. He was amazed.
They shampoed and conditioned all the hair. The stylist took 40 mins to cut the hair (mine and piece). He was handling the scissors like a magician. After chatting with him a bit, I fell asleep in the chair.
When it was over, I looked in the mirror and I could not believe how good I looked. The guy did an insane job on my head. He gave me a brushback hairstyle and told me to be bohemian with my hair. Bohemian means to put a little product and toss my hair back and let the hair fall where it wants to. No part on side, no need for a brush.
I asked him if it looks good in the hairline and if it is believable.
He said it looks amazing and if it did not he would have absolutely said something!
Cost: 45usd + 20tip(I should have just given him 100 and said thank you)
Conclusion:
I've never been to a "salon" that is top notch. I'm totally blown away from the experience and the result. I'll use the robocut now only as a last resort. This fellow texturized (donno wat that means) the blending area. I seriously don't know which hair is mine and which one's the piece. I haven't looked this good in 15 years. . .

Concerns:
Since it's winter, I have not had any uncomfortable experience wearing a skin piece. I'm concerned about when the weather is gonna get hot.
But for now, I dont even feel that I'm wearing anything LOL.
As far as hair snapping off etc. I live a normal life. I don't wrestle or get into hair pulling matches. So far so good.

For newbies sitting on the fence:
If your hair is thinning and it's pissing you off. Get a piece from here,
Shave/attatch it and walk over to the "salon". You will feel like a million bucks. Every time I go to the bathroom, I look at myself and say "damn". Problem fixed. Now I have to loose a few pounds LOL.
I wish toplace had a pill for that.
07-16-2011, 03:14 PM,
@ balamouti

hi dear,
your experience with thin all skin is impressive. i am wondering if you can post a close up picture of front hair line. i have seen people with similar all skin but front hair line is visible..

any comments.
thx
07-18-2011, 09:26 AM,
You will never see anyone on here take a pic of their hairline on a thinskin unit and post it on here. It's frustrating, I know, but it can only mean one thing: they aren't realistic. Personally, and like I said in that other post, I don't know why the owner doesn't show people what they are buying and what it looks like on someone. Surely it can't be that hard to get some people to send in their pics and block out their face. With cell phones nowadays, it's nothing to take a few pics on your phone and email it to you. It's like a 10 min project.

Frustrating cuz I want to try this base out too. But I'm not going to waste the money until I know the deal, and based on the lack of real pictures I'm sure I know the deal isn't good for exposed hairlines, no matter what they say
Oh, one more thing. The normal thinskin is .08 mm thick right? And the tl-700 is .06? Well, that's not that big of a difference. If you've seen the hairlines on the regular thinskins you just know that 25% thinner isn't going to make big enough difference.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I want to be Smile
07-18-2011, 09:42 AM,
Personally i haven't seen any natural hairline with a thinskin!
A line is always visable unless you keep the hair forward.
Maybe baby hair along the edge would help soften and hide the skin,much like lace with baby hair?
07-18-2011, 09:54 AM,
(07-18-2011, 09:42 AM)LTB Wrote: Personally i haven't seen any natural hairline with a thinskin!
A line is always visable unless you keep the hair forward.
Maybe baby hair along the edge would help soften and hide the skin,much like lace with baby hair?

hi there,

Great discussion on all skin front hair line..

Q about Baby hair ... .. Do you guys use a lot of baby hair in front or just a little bit.

i have never seen baby hair on lace front so far, so wondering if i should order a lot or little to hide front line...

thx
07-18-2011, 01:46 PM,
Why not order thinskin w/lace front? Then you have a great hairline but all the benefits of the thinskin?
07-18-2011, 02:42 PM,
i dont think so. i talked to one supplier and he told honestly that .04 mm can hold max 50 % density with lnjected knots and with V-knot around 35 %.
but still baby hair are a very important tool for hiding front .. no matter it is lace.

http://wallpaperjunctiondownload.blogspo...-bald.html

Yes, it's a long link. But take a look at it and it will show Jon Travolta's hair line. This link is taken from Forum IN hairdirect site.

I am thinking to order one with front lace and .o8 mm thick poly skin with lot of baby hair at front hairline...
07-26-2011, 01:24 PM,
A skin hairline is just not going to look as good as a good swiss lace front. Period. However, a piece with an EXTREMELY thin edge and a bit of work can look reasonably good. You'll need the front edge to be 0.02mm or less. The front will need to be trimmed very closely, and bit of adhesive such as G2BG will be needed to disguise the very edge.

I won't look perfect, but it can be passable and very, very easy to maintain. I wouldn't recommend skin fronts for very tightly exposed hairlines, but they can survive casual exposure.