Toplace USA
calling all tl 700 users (close up photo) - Printable Version

+- Toplace USA (http://forum.toplace.com)
+-- Forum: TopLace Forum (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General hair replacement discussion (http://forum.toplace.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: calling all tl 700 users (close up photo) (/showthread.php?tid=4297)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

calling all tl 700 users (close up photo) - john southwest - 03-09-2011

hi guys , im almost ready to order my first couple of units. I was advised french lace because of having long hair but the tl 700 looks awesome. The only thing putting me off is a few negative remarks about shedding. Being how thin the base is would having long hair be a problem. Pictures of hairlines would be great if anyone has them. My hair is brushed back and put in a pony tail for work so i need a realy good hairline. Thanks

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Xeon005 - 03-10-2011

Wish I could help. I never had that base before. You need to ask john how they vent those systems and what your ventilation options are. My assumption is they are U-looping it. I could be wrong. Some factories will use knots on skin.

RE: calling all tl 700 users - john southwest - 03-11-2011

thanks mate, but i cant believe that out of the over 8000 members theres not more of you out there that use the tl 700.

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Paul In Ireland - 03-11-2011

Why not order one TL700 and one all lace ---you said you intend to order a few units...that way you can `road -test` 2 different types and decide which you prefer .Also, a lot of guys --once they get `sorted` and on the road in this game as wearers-- don`t frequent the forum as much ....so , sometimes a specific question or point may go un-answered due to the likes of myself not being in a position to reply as I have no experience of the TL 700 so am hamstrung and not able to give you good feed -back... I`m not sure how it would `withstand` long [therefore `heavy` ] hair ... I think the general wisdom is to wear French lace for longer hair [you could still have a Swiss lace frontal -strip for the exposed hairline ] Why not just mail John as he may have pics on file? Hope that helps...Paul.

RE: calling all tl 700 users - FredTJ - 03-11-2011

E-mail John and ask him if those skin units are looped, injected, or knotted..

Fred

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Seven - 03-11-2011

(03-11-2011, 12:26 PM)FredTJ Wrote: E-mail John and ask him if those skin units are looped, injected, or knotted..

Fred

Which is best for a thin skin, looped, injected, or knotted in regards hair staying in and appearance? Any other differences in the 3?

Jim

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Paul In Ireland - 03-11-2011

Hi Seven .. really as wearers, I wouldn`t `worry` too much about the really technical things such as in this case of how the factory actually fabricates systems....what way the hair is `anchored`to a particular base really isn`t a major issue as such in relation to appearance or styling, but it can have a bearing on things like shedding .... I`ve worn all -poly systems in the past and can`t really say I found any appreciable difference in how it looked compared to my present one [ Swiss lace with a small poly strip ] The hairs are injected into poly compared to being tied in knots into lace...some people will tell you that that can cause a `style -issue` [having the two materials with 2 different hair attachment methods combined on 1 system] but I `ve never noticed any problems...... without being `smart`with anyone now [as I totally respect everyone`s point of view/experiences ] I wouldn`t even consider what way they attach the hairs into a given system ...as long as it`s fit for purpose when it`s on my head, looks good and lasts a good amount of time..... I`m a happy bunny !! I`m no expert but I guess, if hairs are tied into knots,rather than just `looped`into some base material, there `s less chance of hairs coming free/shedding, especially when sealed with Knot-sealer. I`m totally open to differing view-points though, as a matter of interest. Regards, Paul.

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Seven - 03-12-2011

(03-11-2011, 09:49 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hi Seven .. really as wearers, I wouldn`t `worry` too much about the really technical things such as in this case of how the factory actually fabricates systems....what way the hair is `anchored`to a particular base really isn`t a major issue as such in relation to appearance or styling, but it can have a bearing on things like shedding .... I`ve worn all -poly systems in the past and can`t really say I found any appreciable difference in how it looked compared to my present one [ Swiss lace with a small poly strip ] The hairs are injected into poly compared to being tied in knots into lace...some people will tell you that that can cause a `style -issue` [having the two materials with 2 different hair attachment methods combined on 1 system] but I `ve never noticed any problems...... without being `smart`with anyone now [as I totally respect everyone`s point of view/experiences ] I wouldn`t even consider what way they attach the hairs into a given system ...as long as it`s fit for purpose when it`s on my head, looks good and lasts a good amount of time..... I`m a happy bunny !! I`m no expert but I guess, if hairs are tied into knots,rather than just `looped`into some base material, there `s less chance of hairs coming free/shedding, especially when sealed with Knot-sealer. I`m totally open to differing view-points though, as a matter of interest. Regards, Paul.

Thank you Paul. That is helpful. The only thing making me reluctant to oder one is the concern about the front hairline looking invisible on the front edge. I wear my hair in a brush back style and I also work with the publice. So I want it to be undectable in the front. Here is my current sytle (pic attached)

RE: calling all tl 700 users - FredTJ - 03-12-2011

(03-11-2011, 03:06 PM)Seven Wrote:
(03-11-2011, 12:26 PM)FredTJ Wrote: E-mail John and ask him if those skin units are looped, injected, or knotted..

Fred

Which is best for a thin skin, looped, injected, or knotted in regards hair staying in and appearance? Any other differences in the 3?

Jim

Injected or knotted are best to avoid shedding. The looped ones shed a lot and don't really last too long.
Knotted one's can show the knots (like with lace) with darker colored hair. With yours being all gray, the knots would not be a problem.

Fred

RE: calling all tl 700 users - Seven - 03-12-2011

Thank you, Fred!