Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
calling australian wearers...
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM,
calling australian wearers...
There have been threads about really good products to use on systems eg Loreal sulfate free colour care shampoo and conditioner etc. What products do you guys use that you feel are really good with your systems that we can buy in Australia.
07-06-2011, 07:18 PM,
RE: calling australian wearers...
(07-05-2011, 11:15 PM)timguyperson Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 05:26 PM)anubi5 Wrote: There have been threads about really good products to use on systems eg Loreal sulfate free colour care shampoo and conditioner etc. What products do you guys use that you feel are really good with your systems that we can buy in Australia.

Marc daniels ends mender is a good leave in conditioner you can get from priceline, sometimes woolworths. Desolvit it is great for clean up and you can get that from bunnings. Loreal conditioner and shampoo is the best I've tried, I soak the piece in the conditioner for 10 mins after each clean up and it comes out really soft. Liquid bandaid that you get from woolworths is also good to spray on thinly on the skin before applying your glues and tapes to get a better hold. Metholated spirits is good for cleaning the skin, gets rid of all the oils before an attachment.

So lots of things that you can buy in australia, all you need to buy overseas is the piece, the glue, and the tape.

What sort of Loreal product do you use? I can't find any sulfate free Loreal products Sad
07-06-2011, 08:18 PM,
Hi anubi5, I know you`re looking for products `locally` but often, it just ends up as a pain in the butt trudging about from store to store and reading labels etc......even if you think you`ve possibly got a suitable product, you still can`t be sure if there is some other ingredient in it which will cause you a problem... personally, I`d buy from Debbie as her products are specifically for system hair, so you can relax and know you will not damage your system and also, her prices are reasonable including shipping ...... I`ve always got my supplies within about 5 days of ordering too [depending on the postal service efficiency ] ..... Paul,
http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com/...ds_010.htm
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM,
L"Oreal sulfate free = Coles and Woolies
07-08-2011, 08:15 AM,
Hi, Im going to get a stock unit, do you guys know where I could get it cut-in in Sydney?
07-10-2011, 02:40 PM,
(07-08-2011, 08:15 AM)ozadam Wrote: Hi, Im going to get a stock unit, do you guys know where I could get it cut-in in Sydney?

You could google mobile hairdressers and email a few about your situation, especially if they also specialize in hair extensions, then you get it done in your home or some might even work from their own home.
07-10-2011, 04:40 PM,
(07-10-2011, 02:40 PM)anubi5 Wrote:
(07-08-2011, 08:15 AM)ozadam Wrote: Hi, Im going to get a stock unit, do you guys know where I could get it cut-in in Sydney?

You could google mobile hairdressers and email a few about your situation, especially if they also specialize in hair extensions, then you get it done in your home or some might even work from their own home.

Hi a good idea, I will try some. I was thinking more like someone that could cut the base down to size etc.
07-10-2011, 06:06 PM,
(07-10-2011, 04:40 PM)ozadam Wrote:
(07-10-2011, 02:40 PM)anubi5 Wrote:

Hi a good idea, I will try some. I was thinking more like someone that could cut the base down to size etc.

Well if you can find a lady that works in hair extensions you could chat to her about helping you cut it down to size. A good way if neither of you are experienced at it is when it's attached to your head, they use a razor like a small stanly knife to slowly cut the excess off from the underside. If you use scissors there is the chance where when you cut the base you may also cut some of the hair at the edge and trust me, if that happens it doesn't look good.
07-10-2011, 07:19 PM,
Hi ozadam...... just to be clear...... there is a difference between trimming off the excess lace all around, and cutting the actual system base itself / into the hair. Stocks come in two standard sizes/shapes...... i.e. length from front-to-back and width ear-to-ear......you measure your thin/ing area and let John know, and he`ll send you the nearest one to those measurements. I`ve worn stocks but never actually cut them ....nor would I like to try it....I know many guys cut them to make partials etc., but I feel the `look`can be ruined by a bad cut...... what might be a better/safer idea is make a little template of your thin area, send it to Debbie and John can send your stock to her....she`ll be able to cut it for you `safely`...... for my money, stocks are only like a sticking-plaster ...the best way to get a proper fit and cover the exact area is make a template and get a custom-made system........ if you`ve waited this long to begin wearing, another few weeks isn`t going to make much difference...... stocks are useful but [to my mind ] a middle of the road solution.....custom is usually THE way to go for fit, density, ventilation/hair-direction and style [ `wave`]---- while you may find a stylist happy to give you a cut-in, they may baulk at the idea of actually cutting the base itself for fear of ruining it...... just my 2-cents worth...others may differ- Paul.