Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
09-12-2014, 11:44 AM,
First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos)
Well I have some mixed emotions right now. First the good, I look way better than I did before. I'm 21 and lost a lot of hair and this has restored the youthfulness on the top of my head. Density, color match, texture, curl are all pretty spot on. I went to a hair system stylist that is recommended on this forum, Didi in NYC. That all being said, I have some concerns that are driving me nuts right now!
1) I can clearly see white glue on the ENTIRE hairline. Underneath it, behind it, everywhere! Is this not supposed to dry clear?
2) The lace is not disappearing against my skin. It's very white from the glue.
3) The lace has already starting lifting from the hairline. It hasn't been more than a few hours since it was attached.
4) I think I possibly made a critical mistake with the template. The hairline is very straight, very square, and very low. No natural recession. I feel like it surpassed my scalp skin onto my forehead skin where hair is not supposed to grow. I made the template myself btw, and never had any experience before.
5) To add insult to injury, the stylist mentioned she was positioning the system a little lower than where my natural hair starts. Her reasoning behind this was that hair growing from my scalp would interfere with the attachment. So the hairline is even lower than where the template intended. I have the hairline of a monkey right now!
6) It doesn't exactly look like a wig, but it looks pretty wiggy right now. I think with the combination of 4,5, the non-graduated specification I requested, the fact that it's new, and the hair cut itself(very short on the sides, 3-4 inches on top) all contribute to this.
7) I can feel a thin piece of the edge of the lace sticking out on basically the entire perimeter. The attachment was glue at the front, and tape around the sides. Should I say goodbye to girls touching my hair, or is it possible to make it undetectable to the touch? I specified an all french lace on my order.

She also mentioned during the cut-in that I should keep my hairline and place the system behind it, but obviously I didn't listen at the time since my hair is thinning at the hairline as well, but that might've worked out for the better. So I'm kinda thrilled, but also kinda hopeless right now. Please help a kid in need.

Messages In This Thread
First Piece just cut in, need help!! (photos) - NoHairNoFair - 09-12-2014, 11:44 AM