Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing to lose
04-19-2013, 09:48 PM,
RE: Nothing to lose
Hey Dario,

Lots of us can totally identify with your experiences.
There's a reason why Samson lost all his strength when Delilah chopped off all his hair!
Its not just hair, its self image, choice, lack of control, other people's perceptions and a whole bunch of other stuff too.
The thing that got to me most was not having hair and so being unable to style it to express who I felt I was and how I wanted to be seen.

Anyway, all that can change.
I started wearing just a bit younger than you and I feel so lucky that I could reinvent my appearance and more importantly my self image these last 18 years.
I've never forgotten how low I felt previously and its good to remember because that can motivate you on the days you're having issues with wearing.

Do you have a hairstyle you're ultimately aiming for?
This would probably determine how long your side and back hair needs to be to get the right blend.
Lots of wearers have a mop of hair on top and quite close-cut, buzzed sides and back.
Its perfectly 'do-able'.
But I find slightly longer casual hair (sides & back 2-3 inches) easier to maintain, control and blend.
The shorter and crisper the style, the more effort needs to go in to keeping it looking that way.
This might be a consideration for someone just starting out and getting used to wearing, when you don't want too much to think about.
So while it might feel a pain to have to wait that bit longer to get started, you might benefit from it in the long run.

Hope this helps.
Welcome to the forum and the best of luck.
Keep us posted please!

Messages In This Thread
Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Hersute - 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Paul In Ireland - 04-20-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - antywanty - 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - Hersute - 04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - winstonage - 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM