Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nothing to lose
04-19-2013, 02:05 PM,
Nothing to lose
I'm 35 now and have felt a certain degree of sadness since my hair started to begin breaking up with me when I was 21. I remember my friends saying, "Oh, it looks like you're going bald, just shave your head". Well, I've shaved my head, again, and again, and again. And each time I do it I feel like I don't relate to the reflection staring back at me. As my hairline continues to disappear I now finally accept that it is not coming back, and there is no current way to effectively do this from what I have relentlessly researched. I have read many medical journals hoping that in the recesses of some hidden lab that real experiments are being undertaken to relieve modern man from the plague of baldness. I know that for some men being bald is no big thing, but I have been trying to tell myself it is no big thing since my friend's comment many years ago. But here I am looking for a way to feel normal again, it's been so long. I have a great career, an amazing wife, nice house, and many friends, but even though I feel I have so much, this darn hair thing sure gets me down at times. I wish it didn't and I could just move on. Like I said, I've shaved my head hundreds of times, and I just don't like the way it makes me feel. I hate being identified as the bald guy.

Sorry for being so long, I guess I am using this as a venue to vent some of the frustration I have felt as a bald man. So, I bought a hair system last week from a vendor here in Canada (though I plan to order online here once I get the hang of it). I put the hair system on a few times since I got it last week and even though it wasn't cut in, when I looked in the mirror I smiled a smile that I hadn't seen in a while. I felt like the handsome guy who used to turn heads in the supermarket was back. Boy do I miss those days. Before I write a long chapter I just want to ask a quick question. I am growing my hair out now to be able to make this system look natural, and I am wondering how long I need the hair on the side of my hair to be? Just looking for an estimation if I should let my hair grow for at least a month (last shaved with #1 clipper) before I put the system on? Also, I am so sick of the feelings of being bald that honestly I don't care if people know I have hair taped (or glued) to my head. I'm sure it beats the feeling of being bald.

I am thankful for this site, and for all of the candid and instructional input you all provide. I'm looking forward to giving this hair wearing a real fighting chance. I realize that there is maintenance but I am so tired of maintaining my unhappy feelings about my hair (and pretending I don't care), so I would happily trade this for the happiness (with upkeep) that many of you seem to have. Once again, sorry for the long rant, it felt good to actually get this off my chest after many many years.

Messages In This Thread
Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-19-2013, 02:05 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Hersute - 04-19-2013, 09:48 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Paul In Ireland - 04-20-2013, 06:47 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - antywanty - 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-20-2013, 11:42 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - Hersute - 04-20-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Nothing to lose - Dario Libre - 04-21-2013, 12:44 AM
RE: Nothing to lose - winstonage - 04-22-2013, 02:08 PM