Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full-body screeners at major airports
04-27-2011, 09:15 AM,
RE: Full-body screeners at major airports
(04-21-2011, 06:37 PM)Baldrich Wrote: I was a bit concerned about this, for the same reason as Greenery, because I travel quite a bit with work colleagues, and I was worried about having my piece exposed by one of these machines. The subject got a good airing on this and other forums when the first machines started to appear about a year ago (you may remember the controversy about them being able to see through people's clothes). Some of those who posted professed to have expert knowledge about scanners and x-rays.

Basically the consensus was that a hairpiece is very unlikely to be picked up on one of these machines unless you are using metal clips under it. The fine lightweight hairpieces which we wear with tape and glue are no more likely to register than your tie or your underwear.

Even in the unlikely event of it picking up something more solid like a poly strip, it was generally agreed that security would be neither surprised nor interested. They are looking for guys secreting explosives, not ones concealing their baldness. They also have standing instructions not to embarrass you by mentioning that you wear a wig. If they had to do that they would take you to one side out of earshot, or into a separate room.

I hope this gives you some comfort Greenery. Anecdotally, I have been through these machines perhaps a dozen times now, and never had a problem.

Hi B***Rich (people in here prefer to see more of *Rich* instead of *Bald*...jk)

At least I am less stressed out now.

Do you wear all lace or lace with polyskin on the sides and back (I wear the latter material)? Thanks.

Regards
(04-22-2011, 10:12 AM)timguyperson Wrote: Now we just need one terrorist to smuggle an explosive onto a plane under his hairpiece and then we'll all be fucked. New regulations will come in saying no rugs on planes! If you're suspected of wearing they'll knock you to the ground and rip out your hair! Then George Bush will jump out from nowhere and kick you in the nuts!

Don't say I didn't warn you!

=)

This is hilarious. That explosive thingy must be very thin in order to hide under the piece. Hope this day will never come otherwise all hairwearers would have to protest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Full-body screeners at major airports - Greenery - 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM