Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did you tell your partner that you were wearing?
11-23-2009, 02:38 PM,
Did you tell your partner that you were wearing?
Just wondering how most folk got round this.
I know some people are easy going to tell their partner right from the get-go that they are wearing, but how did you do this?

I've not really broached the subject with my Girlfriend yet, we've been dating for 4 years and we are pretty solid together and get on great. We have a great relationship. Last few months I have been wearing hats a lot, but she has not asked or commented and I'd have told her if she did, I think. She's really out-going and very liberal and I know she'd understand, it's just for some reason I'm finding it a bit difficult to tell her for some reason, I know she'll be really cool when I do tell her, she works as a volunteer co-ordinator, and does seminars on social intergration and is really cool.

I was ready to tell her one night, and was all-set to do it, and we were working on Seinfeld Series 7 box set when the episode when George gets a Hair club for men terrible toupee haha came on and it kinda knocked my confidence a bit about telling her, I was thinking she'd imagine that I'd look like that once I started wearing. She'll probably joke ''You are higher mainteance than me'' or something when I tell her in a joke way.

Now, she's away until after Christmas - she's back working i her home town which is 900miles away, but she's moving to my area after Christmas.

So, do I just get the system attached, and see what she says when she comes back for New Year?
Or tell her, but it seems quite hard to tell her over the Internet or on Skype?
Or do I wait til she comes home and hopefully my hair will be looking good and just wait until she asks? it seems maybe a bit dishonest that I'm making a big decision on my looks without informing her, but I do think it'll make me look better.

Just curious to figure out how some of you guys on here told your friends/realtives about wearing?

I am pretty easy going and open-minded about wearing, and I think probably through time if I can master wearing it and getting it looking good - that i'll probably just tell people that I do wear, if they asked me, but it's just getting it out and telling her first.
I think I'll tell her, but don't know when to do. I'll explain how unhappy I feel with my hair balding/thinning and how much older I think it looks and how happier I think that I will he with hair.

Ok, rant over and I will shut up now Wink but if anyone has any tips or advice on how to do this would be cool.

Thanks for reading folks,

Messages In This Thread
Did you tell your partner that you were wearing? - kevinme - 11-23-2009, 02:38 PM