Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape - Pics Added
06-19-2009, 09:35 AM,
Re: Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape - Pics Added
Mr. NewYork,
Right density, right recession, right attachment, and right attitude. It's amazing that you've only been wearing for 2 months! You've figured this game out really quick! Congrats!
Regards,
John
06-19-2009, 10:45 AM,
what is the advantage of using liquid bandage with tape. i've been using st-30. next attachment going to try all walker no-shine contour strips. attaching the contours to the unit. where does the liquid bandage fit in. does it distract from the ease of the tape removal clean up
06-19-2009, 12:42 PM,
dougmm Wrote:what is the advantage of using liquid bandage with tape. i've been using st-30. next attachment going to try all walker no-shine contour strips. attaching the contours to the unit. where does the liquid bandage fit in. does it distract from the ease of the tape removal clean up

It helps prevent the scalp oil breaking the bond.
06-19-2009, 12:47 PM,
do you put the liquid bandage on scalp around the perimiter where the tape will be coming in contact with skin?
06-20-2009, 12:14 AM,
thelonghairedman Wrote:my new york being that i am from NY i had to say. great job. i dont know how you got 11 days out of walker no shine but god bless. i could get like 2 or 3.

guys if i layed lown Liquid bandage does that add alot more time even with the tape?

i havent done the whole liquuid bandage thing since the days of ultrahold?

-dom

Thanks BA, John et al, you're all very kind & the encouragement gets me charged to tackle the further adjustments needed to perfect this hair game ( putting the tape on the piece/getting hairpiece stubble out of the hair line for reclaiming a clear strip of lace at the front)!

Dom - guess it's body chemistry, but I've learned that if you take care of the variables, it betters your chances. First, with tape it's gotta be all skin contact - before I trimmed the piece, it was somewhat in the back/side hair + at 3 fingers on my forehead. The movement/growth of hair + the movement/oils of the forehead just weakened everything & the look of too far down + weak temples was shit. Second, I scrub my head with an alcohol wipe right before attachment to take ALL OIL off the contact areas. Third, I looked at the DVD & re-read posts and made sure that I "tacked down-stretched-tacked down-stretched" the whole attachment. On the vacation attachment, I felt the snug for the first day or so, then it relaxed. And fourth, rinse every day, shampoo only off the head. I've only learned that since vacation - if I did it then, I likely would have gotten 3 weeks instead of 13 days. I also ( after detach + shampoo of the piece) have taken to wiping the inside of the piece with alcohol, too remove the conditioners from the lace - the tape wasn't sticking as well as it should have otherwise.

And yes, I know I have a fookin huge knot! But hey, I've been hit with bats, elbows, knees, 300lb linemen, heel kicks & cars.....ain't broke nuthin' yet, so that thick skeleton has got advantages!! :mrgreen: