Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape - Pics Added
04-23-2009, 03:10 AM,
Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape - Pics Added
Unit: All lace system, stock, sent back for a density drop to mid 50%'s range
Attached: Walker No Shine contours cut to fit, full perimeter
Product: Paul Mitchell Wax Works
Conditions: Salt water, very high winds, HEAT! (Mexico/Honduras/Belize/Grand Cayman)
Duration: 13 days, zero lift at front hairline

Pictures to follow

I'm still a newbie, in my 2nd month of wearing. This was my 2nd solo full tape perimeter attachment - the first was with the piece as cut by the stylist. Tis one, was cut by me to the template. HUGE DIFFERENCE! The smaller piece sat true on my former hairline/scalp @ 4 fingers. This meant no forehead skin oils, no forehead skin flexing with facial expressions, and a better adhesion surface.
I snorkeled the Barrie Reef, I dove & swam with stingrays, I sat topside on boats doing 20+ knots in 25 MPH winds and I didn't sit in the shade once. This attachment did not budge and, more importantly, did not look like anything but my own hairline in the wind.

I did pull/stretch my piece while attaching & then went over it with repeated/forceful press downs with a wide tooth comb I modified (cut it down to 3 inches for more control).
The tape does shine, but so does your scalp with Wax Works, so it looks completely natural + you're in the Topics anyway & scalps do glisten.
Even though I brought my shampoo, I did not attempt it, just regular rinse outs. Didn't know if it would hasten breakdown/detachment. Consequently, I can't say if the slight seep thru I had on day 13 before detaching was due to not shampooing and/or Wax Works accumulation. Plus, the hairline was getting dirty.
I do need to learn about "sealing the glue/tape" - I think that would have solved the dirt/seep issue.
Overall, I would highly recommend the tape for strenuous activity/waters ports.
06-13-2009, 01:39 AM,
Re: Stress Test results: Walker No Shine Tape - Pics Added
I'd also add that I just did a 9 day attachment with Walker that I used liquid bandage under, and the hairline had no dirt line or break down, after 7 of those days with heavy workouts. The only reason I took it off is because I had Proflex tape on the sides & it lifted, but the Walker was rock solid. Liquid Bandage first coat for me from now on!!
06-13-2009, 04:21 AM,
Well done fella, Like you when I use the liquid bandage first it really does double the time it holds.

Nice looking thin density piece with a little receeded look you have pulled off there.
06-13-2009, 04:55 AM,
Nice work..I dont wear yet. But when I do I hope to get results like that.
06-13-2009, 07:36 AM,
how was the cleanup
06-13-2009, 09:12 AM,
Thanks......I think south of 60% is age appropriate for many, If I wear it dry with no product, you can't see scalp. But I don't wear it that way! I like a Wax Works semi-wet look.

Xenon: I detach with 91%, it comes off wit the tape on the piece, then I soak it ( shallow amount, just enough for contact but not submersion ) and it pulls right off in a continuous strip. A wipe with a towel for random glue snots & done.
06-13-2009, 09:26 AM,
mr new york it looks great but do you (and everyone else) submerge it in lacerelease? Like do you tip some out the bottle and make it into a bath for the piece or something :S
06-13-2009, 09:56 AM,
You nailed it with the shape of the hairline and the amount of recession. Excellent job.
06-13-2009, 01:29 PM,
The hair looks great, and looking at your physique I seriously doubt anyone one give you any flack about it! Big Grin
06-13-2009, 11:46 PM,
Thanks guys

Danger: I just put enough for contact, no reason for the hair to soak in alcohol.