Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
08-05-2009, 11:27 PM,
Re: My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
Bunglebonce Wrote:
KenJJ Wrote:
dino Wrote:That's interesting that he went so far as to shave off his thick growing hair to experience life as a hair wearer. That's what his ventilator Juan does as well. Farrell definitely had good very thick hair when I was a customer in 2002.

I remember hearing about Juan shaving off his own hair and wearing a system. I guess Farrell did the same thing. I never met Farrell when I had my consultation. I met his right hand man Dillon. Nice guy but was like dealing with a used car salesman.

KenJJ

Good grief Ken, I would'nt want a used car salesman to sell me a used car let alone a hair piece. Did you pay up mate?

I did pay up but it wasn't because of his sales pitch. I was sold on his systems before I ever showed up for my consultation. I was on the Hairsite forum where several had purchased Farrells and posted their pics much like everyone does here. That was the first time I ever saw a realistic hairline on a hairpiece. This was well before Toplace came along. I was wearing an HCM system back then and was desperate so I took the plunge with Farrell. I paid $4800 for 2 systems and really didn't think much of it seeing I was paying $1200-$1500 per system at HCM. $1800 more seemed worth it for a much better system with a realistic hairline. I was use to paying alot for hair back then because every hair company out there was charging $1200 or more for hair systems. When Toplace came along I bought one not thinking they would be anything special because of the low price but I was SHOCKED to see it was exactly like my Farrell systems. :o Same type of lace except even thinner and the same realistic hairline for a fraction of what I paid Farrell.

I feel sorry for the poor guys who are still paying through the nose for Farrell systems. I'm sure if Toplace didn't come along I would still be going to Farrell shelling out the big bucks. I feel like an idiot now but at the time every hair company out there was praying on the desperation of us balding guys. Some of my old 1980 circa HCM systems were made out of burlap. I paid $1700 for those. You couldn't even see through them. It was like wearing one of those old leather football helmets from the 1930's with a ton of hair coming out of it. The base was so thick and it had so much hair in it someone broadsided my car one day and my head banged into my side window and shattered it and I didn't feel a thing. lol

KenJJ
08-06-2009, 12:15 AM,
Re: My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
[/quote]

BRAINWAVE Ken! Hairy crash helmets for bald, safety concious bikers...We could make a fortune mate! Just need some of those old HCM rugs... Big Grin

That's a remarkable story mate and yes indeed they do prey on desperate people for sure. It's astonishing when you compare prices Ken. A few years ago I paid £3000 for ONE...yes ONE HP from the advanced hair studio (UK) What's that in yankee dollars, $5500? :o Thank goodness for the internet, thank goodness for Toplace, thank goodness for forum users willing to share info, advice, tips, their bad days, their good days, their high and their lows. Viva Toplace! Big Grin