Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
08-01-2009, 09:58 AM,
My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
I went to see Farrell at a hotel in London. His wife opened the door and invited me in and there stood Richard chewing gum with his gob wide open and making way to much noise in the process :x We sat down and Farrell began his sales pitch and I nodded and made all the right noises. I must say that halfway thru his patter I was impressed, it sounded like he new what he was talking about and I'd get a top of the range hairdo...brilliant! Then, two things rang alarm bells, two incidents made me think...hang on a mo! The first was Richards own HP. He leant down to show me and it was plainly obvious that he was wearing. I could clearly see the lace running from his hairline to his crown :o 'That's odd' I thunk? The second alarm bell, to cut a long story short, was the hurried appraisal of my hair condition. He made a template, covered it in line drawings and said 'that's all I need'. I said 'so that will cover my thin back and side hair then?' He said 'Oh sure, I'l make it a bit longer and it'l be fine'. I further explained that the hair from my nape upwards was also receding and Richy took a look and said 'Oh yeah, I did'nt see that' and added 'Oh, I'l make it longer to cover that' I began wondering what on earth I was getting myself into here but I was desperate and agreed to pay the £2000+ quid for two units.

I took out my wallet, it creaked open like a coffin lid, moths flew out, there were receipts from the 1970's but...

NO CREDIT CARD! I'd left it on the coffee table at home. I promised him that as soon as I got home I'd email him the CC details. Thank goodness for that two hour journey home cos I did some major re-thinking and concluded that I was about to make a big mistake.

Lucky escape?
08-01-2009, 10:25 AM,
Re: My lucky escape?
does he wear ???? honest i didnt no :oops:
08-01-2009, 11:24 AM,
jake1980 Wrote:does he wear ???? honest i didnt no :oops:

Don't get me wrong, his HP looked good from a distance, it was curly and rock star'ish but upon closer inspection the lace was, well, shockingly visible and I did a silent 'Oh?!' to myself. :o I guess the lace issue would have been ok if he'd been 7 to 8ft tall, who's gonna notice, someone on stilts maybe, I dun know? Did I mention the blending issue? Well his curly hair at the back was'nt a particulary good match either, IMHO, but the cut and style was very good.
08-01-2009, 11:57 AM,
Bunglebonce Wrote:

Don't get me wrong, his HP looked good from a distance, it was curly and rock star'ish but upon closer inspection the lace was, well, shockingly visible and I did a silent 'Oh?!' to myself. :o I guess the lace issue would have been ok if he'd been 7 to 8ft tall, who's gonna notice, someone on stilts maybe, I dun know? Did I mention the blending issue? Well his curly hair at the back was'nt a particulary good match either, IMHO, but the cut and style was very good.

You sure Farrell wears? I purchased a couple of Farrell systems in 02. I watched his video prior to purchasing my hair. He was on a TV talk show and the host asked him if that was his real hair and he claimed it was. He showed no signs of thinning. If he was wearing I'm sure he would have said so because he was on the show to hype his systems.

KenJJ
08-01-2009, 12:21 PM,
KenJJ Wrote:
Bunglebonce Wrote:

You sure Farrell wears? I purchased a couple of Farrell systems in 02. I watched his video prior to purchasing my hair. He was on a TV talk show and the host asked him if that was his real hair and he claimed it was. He showed no signs of thinning. If he was wearing I'm sure he would have said so because he was on the show to hype his systems.

KenJJ

I'm sure he was wearing that day, 100% sure. He said he was lucky because he still had lots of thick hair at the back and when he showed me the top of his head the lace was visible as was the skin underneath. Farrell was on a tv programme in England, demonstrating a HP and was asked if he wore one. He laughed and said 'do you want me to take it off??' Anyway, from a distance his HP was great, close up however it's a case of 'book him Danno!' BUSTED!
08-01-2009, 02:28 PM,
Re: My lucky escape? (An appointment with Richard Farrell)
if you post here, i assume you are a toplace customer, so why did you meet farell? just to find out that his pieces are overpriced and of a less quality?
08-01-2009, 08:34 PM,
spektrum Wrote:if you post here, i assume you are a toplace customer, so why did you meet farell? just to find out that his pieces are overpriced and of a less quality?

my be he was just being nosey ... i went to see farrel well not him in wakefield a guy called ryan i knew roughtly how much the systems were but had never seen one up and close they looked good but no better then toplace and i could of had 2 for £3.400 that will last 5 years NOW i thought what a bargain Wink
08-01-2009, 09:23 PM,
spektrum Wrote:if you post here, i assume you are a toplace customer, so why did you meet farell? just to find out that his pieces are overpriced and of a less quality?

Yeah spektrum, that's right, I travelled for two hours to sit through a sales pitch, be examined, have a template made and go thru the pretense of forgetting my credit card just to find out that 'his pieces are overpriced and less quality' Ive got better things to do with my time mate! :x
I found the Toplace forum AFTER seeing Farrell and will soon be sending in my order. Sheesh!
08-01-2009, 10:22 PM,
Yeah spektrum, that's right, I travelled for two hours to sit through a sales pitch, be examined, have a template made and go thru the pretense of forgetting my credit card just to find out that 'his pieces are overpriced and less quality' Ive got better things to do with my time mate! :x
I found the Toplace forum AFTER seeing Farrell and will soon be sending in my order. Sheesh![/quote]

bunglebonce

where in the uk are u
08-01-2009, 11:00 PM,
jake1980 Wrote:bunglebonce

where in the uk are u

Hi Jake,

I'm near Folkestone, Kent. Where are you mate?