Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Having serious doubts... (pics)
04-27-2012, 01:03 AM,
RE: Having serious doubts...
Care to post pics, Hair Scare?
04-27-2012, 01:28 AM,
I kinda feel for you Scare. When I relied on a hairpiece salon to do my de/re bond every 4 or 5 weeks I would freak out in between times if the piece started to lift somewhere or start feeling loose...would be a real sick feeling in my stomach-I felt hopeless because I didn't know how to remedy the situation myself. It wasn't until I started reading up on doing your own care (back in late 2010) that I realized I could do everything myself-Can't tell you how liberated I felt. Yes of course there's times when fitments aren't perfect or I'm not in a position where I can do a full clean/tidy up, but I wear a cap those days. If you can look in the mirror from all angles & be happy with what you see then you can bet others will be feeling that way too. As you said, people notice a change but can't quite put their finger on what it is. My first thoughts were that the girl friend either knows someone who wears or knows about wigs...hence her thoughts. There is always a possibility that people are aware of hair systems, more so than other friends & family? There's really nothing that can be done if somebody who has experience suspects there's something false up there, either avoid or confront them. I think they're the only two viable choices. Regards
04-27-2012, 06:41 AM,
Here are some pics, assuming they work. Give me your honest feedback. If something looks "wiggy" or unnatural please tell me. It's my first time giving this a whirl, so I won't be offended if something is wrong. And if something is off I want to know so I can nip it in the butt now and look great for years to come! First couple pics are "dry" and the next ones are "wet" style. Thanks guys, you've been great.

Also keep in mind, as per usual, pics tend to show more scalp than in person.

Attached Files Image(s)

04-27-2012, 07:11 AM,
RE: Having serious doubts... (pics)
Not knowing what you looked like without it, you look perfectly normal to me and I can't see any joins.
I couldn't tell you where it started or finished.
There is no indication its anything but your own hair.
I really like the messy casual style.

The only thing I noticed is that the hair appears 'clumped' in places.
This may just be the picture, (as you said) but you also said you got some glue in to the hair.
That can cause clumping.
Just to break the hair up and even it out, you should try a 'pick comb', pic attached.

Also you could spray some C22 on to a small towel and gently rub the roots of the hair.
I may be wrong about the clumping because it doesn't appear to be evident in the picture where the hair is wet.

You should really feel very confident. You've actually done a very good job for a first attempt and it will get easier.

Well done!

Attached Files Image(s)

04-27-2012, 08:58 AM,
Hair Scare,
Those pics look really great. I'm no expert.. but that's pretty damn undetectable from those pics.. i honestly can't see a join.. and the density is great. what % density is it?

I know exactly how you felt when that girl asked u a stupid question about your hair. I'm currently in betweeen wearing hair (wqaiting for a new piece to arrive) - because i started wearing in January, and a girl at work was asking me all kinds of questions, saying i looked like i had more hair.. it freaked me out so much, i convinced myself she knew exactly what i had done, and shaved it off in a morning of panic (not recommended!)

Anyway, in hindsight, that piece was too dense, and the color/texture didn't match my natural hair close enough. I hope i can get my new piece to look as good as yours.

did you cut it in yourself?
04-27-2012, 09:21 AM,
Looks excellent. Knots are properly-bleached too.....enjoy it now...... you`re over the worst part.....just work on your de/re etc. ...it`ll get easier as you go along.
04-27-2012, 09:45 AM,
I am very honest when I am making comments at hair pictures showing hairpieces...you should be confident man! seriously from these set of pictures it looks good and natural.
04-27-2012, 10:16 AM,
they look bloody fantastic,
now stop worrying and live life m8 Smileproblem soughted!
04-27-2012, 10:33 AM,
Dude that looks good and I'm pretty critical when looking at these things. Even if this girl suspects because she is more astute than the average bear I think suspect is about all she can do.

I say I'm critical because I don't wear yet and I'm always looking at these things and almost looking for a reason to tell myself that it won't work. Having said that... your pics there are in the inspirational category for myself.
04-27-2012, 05:32 PM,
Not my kind of style but looks 100% natural . Im always surprised hearing stories about people they know commenting on there hair good or bad whether its a colour or cut. People i know especially my mates dont notice a thing..