Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how beneficial is a knot sealer?
02-12-2012, 11:40 AM,
RE: how beneficial is a knot sealer?
The shedding is really all over just the right side was lower in density to begin with, the back/top is starting to get bare as well. I have been using the Loreal everpure shampoo. As soon as I submitted the question on knot sealer my mailman came and so did my new piece. I ordered more density for this one but unfortunately it looks thinner in density than my current one. I am scheduled for my bi weekly appointment this Friday so will see what Didi thinks about it and may have to send back to factory which John has already told me can be done. In case I did not receive in time Didi has a stock unit that I will buy from her and wear until mine comes back. At least I will have 2 current systems and be able to try out a stock unit. So I guess going to hold off with knot sealer for now.
02-12-2012, 09:36 PM,
I wouldn`t wait until friday...just send it back tomorrow and get a new stock from Didi to tide you over ..if it looks too light to you, well then it IS too light...you`ll have a good idea now after your first few weeks, of what will/won`t work for you in terms of density..... what a damn nuisance !
01-25-2013, 03:10 PM,
just wanted to bump this.

I hear colin (aka mr burns) says he hardly get's any shedding problems with his units.

so is their any real point to knot sealer, if colin gets 8 months wear out of a system and has NO problems shedding, can we put this product out of our tool kit?
01-26-2013, 01:44 AM,
There are no generic or 'one solution fits all' answers.
I think this is one of the biggest things new wearers have to realise.
If it works for you, then do it, if not try something else, whatever the problem is.
We're all different, with different lifestyles, preferences and choices.

Most of the posts on these boards are just opinions & suggestions (useful ones) but there are very few definitive answers when it comes to wearing.
01-26-2013, 05:18 AM,
well not really.

if someone wears hair for 8 months and experiences no shedding, is there any point in usinga product that is suppose to prevent shedding?
01-26-2013, 08:41 AM,
@fullcapwearer

Southernguy is right. It depends on lots of things.
Shedding could be due to the type of combs & brushes people use, the products they style their hair with or the type of attachment they prefer or even the way they detach and frequency they wash it.

I've never suffered from shedding and I've never had to use a knot sealer, but the last piece I got from a supplier shed in less than a month. I bought two pieces from them and so I'll have to use a knot sealer on the second piece.
I'd be a fool if I didn't.

Certainly a lot of people here use and swear by different methods of knot sealing.
You or I can't say that what they're doing is right/wrong or should/shouldn't be necessary.