Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Cut In Today
12-24-2011, 06:49 AM,
RE: First Cut In Today
I am not going to shampoo it as that was done yesterday but I was going to totally dunk my head when I take shower as I wanna try to style it from the start as she did yesterday. The back kinda all bed head all sticking up. Any problems with soaking head?
12-24-2011, 06:52 AM,
Normally if your bonding is ok, you can wash your hair everyday and it just would lift duriing the second or third week. But to give you more confidence i would make it wet and condition the hair. After it is dry i would use gel. This will give you a second level of bonding because the hair will stick together.
12-24-2011, 07:11 AM,
I wouldn`t stick my head under the jet of water just in case it interferes with the tape.... I prefer to use an atomiser bottle filled with water and hair brush.. I kind of `lift`the hair up with the brush and spray --just enough to make it damp. Also the water should be very cool/cold. If you want to wash/shampoo your growing hair you can easily do that in the shower --just incline your head so the jet doesn`t come down directly onto the crown...you can shampoo you hair at the sides/back ....there`s no point in drenching your system in the shower just for the sake of it [it`s not dirty].... I`ve done it before when I was wearing all-poly so the water couldn`t get at the bond---lace is different as it`s totally permeable.... a strong jet of water onto the hair could possibly lead to some tangling too... just go a bit gently at the start until you `find your feet`
12-24-2011, 11:51 AM,
These are some of the supplies I purchased tonight at Sally's Beauty Supply. I was going to try to style the hair today and realized I own no hair care products lol, so I purcased these, I made sure none of them had any kind of alcohol in them and plan on buying some things from Debbie tonight, the shampoo says formulated for hair pieces so think that should be fine. The Brylcreem I bought from Shop-Rite for 2.99 best deal out of all the products. Oh and a vent brush, my first brush purchase in 15 plus years, weird but good feeling buying hair products again.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-24-2011, 01:02 PM,
Still trying to play around with styles, it's like I just got a new toy Smile Think my sides are shaved a little bit too much, once it grows in think it will look better.

Attached Files Image(s)

12-24-2011, 01:09 PM,
Wow, that front looks brilliant mate - Good on ya. Regards
12-24-2011, 01:23 PM,
Eric I think you did a good job, you look great. It's amazing how much younger it makes your face look as opposed to the horshoe pattern. I'm considering takin the plunge myself, I'm thinking of either going on proprecia or trying a hairpiece. What woul you tell young guys(i am 23) about taking the plunge into wearing?
12-24-2011, 01:36 PM,
Drew I never tried Propecia, I did use Rogaine for awhile however, my loss started in front and Rogaine does nothing for that. I hid for way to long under a hat as I started wearing a cap when I was about 28. I'm 44 now and all I can tell you if your loss is enough to wear a topper I say a huge go for it. I regret not doing this way sooner. It's so amazing how many years having hair takes off your look. My family all tell me I look like my 20's again. I actually feel younger with this system. So again all I can tell you is go for it! Also I hated looking in the mirror without a hat on, now when I went to store tonight I am looking at myself in windows, car windows and having to do a double take, truly amazed. You won't regret it. Plus all these guys on here are great and will always help you out.
12-24-2011, 01:43 PM,
Eric, yours is quite a heart warming success story.
Good luck to you.
The picture looks GREAT!
Enjoy the holidays & have a merry hairy Christmas
12-24-2011, 01:51 PM,
Thanks for the advice Eric, I'm in a tough place right now. It depresses me to look at how bad my hair has become and I'm at a crossroads as to what I should do. Im too young for a transplant so it's either proprecia or a hairpiece. proprecia will help maintain my hair but maybe it might be better to just get it done with and get a piece instead of clinging to my receded hailrline and whatever hair i have left.Your results are making me curious I have to admit!